2019-2020 Hockey Thread

Heading to the game tonight in Ottawa to watch the boys play. There is much improvement to be made on the D side but we should be exciting upfront. No expectations again this year.... it will be interesting to see what all these young players will be able to do. Go Leafs.

Heading to the game tonight in Ottawa to watch the boys play. There is much improvement to be made on the D side but we should be exciting upfront. No expectations again this year.... it will be interesting to see what all these young players will be able to do. Go Leafs.

I'm ok with the Leafs playing to the bottom again this year. I think Toronto cheered louder when they got first pick than Pittsburgh did when they won the cup! LOL

I'm ok with the Leafs playing to the bottom again this year. I think Toronto cheered louder when they got first pick than Pittsburgh did when they won the cup! LOL

not gonna happen...babcock had a hard time with finishing last last year. Largely because management forced it upon him. Expect a turn around year. i see them finishing 9th or 10th they may even squeeze in. (also...no one is going to be worse than the canucks...no one)

Looking at how many 1 goal games they lost last year is very very telling of how easily a whole load of losses could easily turn to points. Especially if all it takes is Marner Mathews and Nylander to pop a couple.

People are wary of making expectations to high, but i like the idea of these kids under the tutelage of babcock...its not as though they will constantly make the same mistakes over and over...40 games in I think they are going to look like a pretty interesting team.

Edited by AKRISONER

not gonna happen...babcock had a hard time with finishing last last year. Largely because management forced it upon him. Expect a turn around year. i see them finishing 9th or 10th they may even squeeze in. (also...no one is going to be worse than the canucks...no one)

Looking at how many 1 goal games they lost last year is very very telling of how easily a whole load of losses could easily turn to points. Especially if all it takes is Marner Mathews and Nylander to pop a couple.

People are wary of making expectations to high, but i like the idea of these kids under the tutelage of babcock...its not as though they will constantly make the same mistakes over and over...40 games in I think they are going to look like a pretty interesting team.

I hope you're not right because that would just suck. Squeezing into the playoffs is the last thing I want to see. Who finished 8th last year? The answer is who gives a crap. There may be people wary of expecting too much but there's way more delusional fans expecting 3 kids (maybe!) to carry the last place team.

I agree Chris .. lol

I know Ottawa's crappy defensive coverage and rusty goaltending are helping .

But as a disgruntled Leaf fan he is a huge bright light for the organization , just hope he can stay healthy all season and some other Leafs can score eventually .