2019-2020 Hockey Thread

According to Sportsclubstats.com, the Leafs have a 98.2% chance of making the playoffs. Even if they go 0-4 they still have a 55.1% shot at it and one more point boosts the odds to 73.7%. I'm not a huge believer in stats but this site is kind of cool and it is looking pretty good at the moment even with the tough schedule they face in the last 4.

http://www.sportsclubstats.com/NHL/Eastern/Atlantic/Toronto.html

funny how far ahead of ourselves we are getting. I almost feel as though unless we finish #2 everyone is going to disappointed. I am beyond thrilled that they are even in the playoff picture, never mind battling for home ice.

Its going to be tough, but barring a totally epic collapse, and a subsequent total run by tampa or the islanders...we are in fantastic shape.

Leafs literally need one point over the next 4 games to clinch. I see them beating tampa in OT Thursday.

I think the last time we played Tampa we had a lot of shots from the point and screened their goalie pretty good, it is something we have to get to back to, it seems like we are getting a lot of pretty goals and we need some off deflections in front of the net.

Tyler Bozak and all leaf forwards need to get the puck up under the crossbar to score when in close, hopefully they are well rested and ready to go on Thursday .

funny how far ahead of ourselves we are getting. I almost feel as though unless we finish #2 everyone is going to disappointed. I am beyond thrilled that they are even in the playoff picture, never mind battling for home ice.

Its going to be tough, but barring a totally epic collapse, and a subsequent total run by tampa or the islanders...we are in fantastic shape.

Leafs literally need one point over the next 4 games to clinch. I see them beating tampa in OT Thursday.

It's not just home ice; it's who they play. The wildcard team will face the conference winner while the 2nd and 3rd teams in the division face each other. Finishing in the top three of their division gives them a reasonable shot at making past the first round.

ridiculous schedule

washington tonight, tampa thursday, pittsburgh saturday, columbus sunday

top 3 teams in the league and 1 very hungry team.

Tampa can't lose a point or they are done. They will be playing a desperate nasty game.

I'm pretty impressed they know how to tie their skates without hurting themselves! :clapping::whistling:

Epic collapse is definitely still on the radar. :stretcher:

It's not just home ice; it's who they play. The wildcard team will face the conference winner while the 2nd and 3rd teams in the division face each other. Finishing in the top three of their division gives them a reasonable shot at making past the first round.

Leafs can make a match of Ottawa or Boston. Lots of experience to be gained there. I feel like a series against Washington would be a blowout. Not much to be gained from that.

:w00t::w00t: I hope the laffs meet The Caps as well lol :clapping::clapping:

Good luck with that.

You would. See if the Sens remember their version of 'Blue and White disease' where they roll over in the playoffs if they play the Leafs.

Personally I want Boston but that's just from a vengeance standpoint.

Edited by jeremy84