2019-2020 Hockey Thread

Also 10.5 for Carey!?!?! I get it he's the backbone of the entire team but he can't put pucks in the net! Way way way too much for a goalie

Montreal proves you don't have to score to win.

Price held that team in the last half of the season. Without him they don't even make the playoffs.

Montreal proves you don't have to score to win.

Price held that team in the last half of the season. Without him they don't even make the playoffs.

Well they haven't really won anything thus far... And having more than 10% of your salary locked up in a goalie that's had a few considerably big injuries is a silly move IMO. You put him on the IR you better hope a strong backup is in the wings and can keep them in games like he does,

I think he would likely get the same AAV from other teams, but too much of a gamble with Montreal's current roster

Just heard Mc David signed for 100,million,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,WOW

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/news/why-connor-mcdavids-next-contract-will-be-great-for-edmonton-and-why-it-might-not/

How the hell did they get that kind of money?

Anyone have a break down on this?

Edited by Misfish

Just heard Mc David signed for 100,million,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,WOW

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/news/why-connor-mcdavids-next-contract-will-be-great-for-edmonton-and-why-it-might-not/

How the hell did they get that kind of money?

Anyone have a break down on this?

Given the current cap limit, it's reckless, limiting, and exactly what the Leafs will be forced to do with Matthews.

12.5 is not bad for him, the earlier reports were 13.25... at that cap hit he's taking up 16.66 percent of the current cap hit which when it kicks in in 2018/19 season it should be at least 77 we hope which brings it down closer to 16%... Still nothing to scoff at but these numbers are almost identical to what Sidney Crosby got when he signed his deal for 8.7mill a year. When crosby signed his first deal from 08-13 he took up 17.3% of the cap.

Getting 8 years locked up is a big win because this contract in 2021 is going to be small compared to what other superstar players will be demanding

Edited by Lucas F

I hope he does, but I hope he keeps the salary range in check too. At some point you have to realize you can't do it all and need to rely on others to carry the load. That's what a team is for, along with that the endorsement $$$ they have at their feet is probably ridiculous, so to stay competitive you can't always demand a max contract

I hope he does, but I hope he keeps the salary range in check too. At some point you have to realize you can't do it all and need to rely on others to carry the load. That's what a team is for, along with that the endorsement $$$ they have at their feet is probably ridiculous, so to stay competitive you can't always demand a max contract

Didn't Crosby do that to keep Malkin on board?

Ya sure that will happen guys on other teams will go max but Toronto guys will take less for the team :rofl2: ....I have no problem with the Price signing, how long have the Leafs been looking for a goalie..the next couple of years should be interesting....

Ya sure that will happen guys on other teams will go max but Toronto guys will take less for the team :rofl2: ....I have no problem with the Price signing, how long have the Leafs been looking for a goalie..the next couple of years should be interesting....

the leafs arent looking for a goalie at all?

in fact anderson had 4 less wins than price did last year, playing in front of a team of rookies with no defense...for less than half the cost.

so ya

the leafs arent looking for a goalie at all?

in fact anderson had 4 less wins than price did last year, playing in front of a team of rookies with no defense...for less than half the cost.

so ya

This 100% 10.5 for a goalie is ludicrous imo.

Freddie made 1.3 in ANA and is now 5 mil over the next 5 years on the Buds. He's solid; carried a lot of games with a growing D corps. Hainsey will mentor the kids (few beauties in this year's draft as well, time will tell) and I wouldn't be surprised if JVR or Leivo gets moved to open up space for a top-4.

Freddie made 1.3 in ANA and is now 5 mil over the next 5 years on the Buds. He's solid; carried a lot of games with a growing D corps. Hainsey will mentor the kids (few beauties in this year's draft as well, time will tell) and I wouldn't be surprised if JVR or Leivo gets moved to open up space for a top-4.

I think leivo and jvr won't be leafs come next season, we need more space on the roster (limit of 50 I think) to add guys, can't do that without shipping some out, jvr is an extremely attractive option to teams that are on the cusp and need someone who can put up 25+goals a year

Also Andersen is locked up, and beyond his deal I really don't think goalies that aren't superstar caliber get anywhere near 10.5, hell 7 would be a lot.

Edited by Lucas F

• 2 weeks later...