What do you need???????

Big Cliff

I guess I could post this as an NF thread but I'm not sure I need to.

For quite a few years now I have been doing a lot of small engine repairs and as a result I have made some fantastic contacts for a wide variety of things. here is one example: A brand new carb for a Honda engine listed at $212.00, I was able to buy the exact same carb for $70.00 delivered to my door. I could sell that carb here in Canada for $100.00, make 30% and save the buyer $100.00.

This is just one example, I've got many, many more. So I am thinking that perhaps with my contacts and experience (I've been importing and distributing for over 30 years now) perhaps I could help out some of the members here and make a few bucks to cover my time.

This is something that could be extended to all sorts of things, almost a co-op type of arrangement.

Do any of you think this might fly? Remember I'm not trying to get rich here, just save friends some money and perhaps put beer money in my pocket.

Thoughts pro/con appreciated

While it sounds like a good idea. Some of the mark up is to cover shipping, bad parts, wrong parts and other liabilities. You also will have the customer that is sure the part is the reason his lawnmower blew up. Sounds like a headache with little return. If you do do it 20% off is fair to both people involved. If they are a close friend then decide if you want to go deeper into your discount but keep that private.

Art