Pull cord on electric motor

Hello everyone

On my electric motor there is a pull cord to deploy it....

The original broke years ago and I replaced it with some cheapi parachute cord... I have to replace it 1-3 times a year!

It's annoying especially if it breaks before I have a chance to change it

Has anyone found a good meterial that will last to use?

It's really tricky to replace... As the tie is inside metal tubing with a small access hole to the tie point...

If you have to replace it a couple of times a year there is likely something else wrong, I'd be looking for a burr on the tube or flywheel. CTC has replacement pull cords for lawn mowers which should do the trick if everything else is ok.

If you have to replace it a couple of times a year there is likely something else wrong, I'd be looking for a burr on the tube or flywheel. CTC has replacement pull cords for lawn mowers which should do the trick if everything else is ok.

I'll check for a burr but it seems more like sun damage... The rope is always really faded when it breaks

Get a lawnmower pull cord and then wax it. Take wax and melt it in the microwave and then pour a small amount on a rag. Take the rag and dip it in the wax and wipe down the cord..

Art

:wacko: I was a little baffled as to how you pull start an electric too.

..........until I read on.......

If your boat is out in the sun often, it can make the cord dry and brittle, but not as often as you're claiming.

As mentioned, there must be something rubbing/fraying the cord for it to fail that frequently.

Edited by Carp