It's not fair

misfish

As my regular routine when I arrive home ,I grab a cold one and read the family emails,and today I am in shock and am lost.

For those that remember my thread about my grandfather passing,well it seems the next one to feel the wrath is the one that took care of him for so many years.My aunt, whom I just celibrated with and my grandfather before his passing for or birthdays in April ,has been told she has Larynx Cancer.I believe in the powers above and that there is a god,but why would this happen to a women that gave her life to care for her father for so long, be given this burden. It seems when things are getting on the right track,there is always something that tries to take you down again,and again.

I feel more for my pop because this is his sister,only sister, and losing his pop and now having to deal with this,I just dont know how to deal with it.It,s becoming very frustating and scary.

By god I am so mad right now and Im not afraid to say, that tears are running down my face as I write this,but what in the name of the ol mighty above,does one have to do to.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

You smoke, they say you,ll get cancer,you drink you,ll get liver cancer,you BBQ you,ll get cancer,is there anything in the world we cant do so we dont get CANCER????????????????????????????????????????????

I am going to do my darndest to catch pounds for the cast for cure this year. I have already given my money to the cause and the wife aswell,and even with that I know it,s not enough,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

The wifes not home yet and she is not going to like the news as she is already going through this with her sister,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I really have asked for nothing, but your prayers really would be helpful here.It seems to work for others from the board.

He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High, who abides in the shadow of the Almighty, will say to the Lord, My refuge and my fortress; my God, in whom I trust.

Guest mistyriver1

I'm so sorry to hear this Brian.

I know how you feel, as many know on this board (including you) I lost my mother to pancreatic cancer in 04 and my father to lung cancer in 05.

There are way to many stories like this.....

My best to you and your family.

Jim

Really sorry to hear about this Brian and my thoughts and best wishes go out to your aunt and all those who love her.

As you know, I just lost my brother to cancer a few weeks ago, so I know just how your feeling bud.

It'll be a wonderful day when they ever come up with a cure for this horrible disease.

Edited by lew

Guest kitchener boy

so sorry brian. i had cancer 10 years ago in my mouth. it was friends and family that kept me going. tell her to be strong and believe. dave

I'm so sorry to hear about your aunt. I told my friend just an hour ago to live her life to the fullest today, because if you plan to have fun later, later never comes.

I take care of my mother, by choice, and still live a wonderful life thank goodness. I know I won't be caring for her forever. There are no guarantees in life. I wake up every morning thanking the almighty that I have another day to enjoy.

Having friends on the internet helps too.

Pam

Life for some people is a tough enviro. For others, they seem to just coast along with nary a worry, and everything seems to go their way, while others, have to negotiate pain and suffering, worry, health matters, financial woes, etc on a daily basis, with apparently no end in sight

Amen to that

TY

Wow B, I just can believe this is happening to your family again.

I don't know the answer either and find it unfair how some people get cancer and never smoke, some people have liver problems and don't drink and the list goes on and on. They say everything happens for a reason and that God has a purpose for everyone, but some times it just doesn't make any sense. We're told to believe and put our trust in God, and I guess that is what we have to do. We must be needed in heaven for a reason, so I can only hope that there is a reason for this to be happening to your family.

You and your family are in our thoughts B.

Joey & Paul

Every night as I close my eyes I will send a silent prayer to you and your family. Your Aunt has a long road ahead of her, although from the sounds of it she has many loving people around her for a shoulder to cry on and support when she will need it the most. Sometimes that alone can cure a body and heal a soul.

Jen