Shooting in binbrook

leaf4

I think people around here are tired of these thefts.. the police know where the trucks go and who is doing the crime. Since it happened to me 20 odd years ago, there has been no real effort to stop it.. I just don't get why it is acceptable to pass this skill on to the next generation ..

Its particularily sad that these guys are hiding behind their race and tribe to commit these kind of crimes. I feel bad for the people of 6 nations as well. Everyone suffers at the hands of the garbage few.

When farmers called the cops policy was, maybe still is we just don't bother anymore, you catch them we'll charge them. Thieves get ugly when they get caught .

The politics around this and the attitude of the police are as much to blame as the individual charged in letting the situation escalate to the point were citizens take the law into their own hands. This article of a few years ago shows the extent of the problem in this area with numbers that those not local to the problem will probably be shocked at.

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/2250679-city-s-car-theft-crown-tied-to-six-nations/

So my question is,

What was he doing out at that time of night, on someone else's property?

Collecting for a charitable contribution?, I think not..

Up to no good?, seems that way..

Just my H.O.!!!

Somewhat rural area too, not in town, I suspect there was a buddy parked nearby that dropped him off waiting for him to leave with the truck .

Two big mother dogs !! Just open the door and say Din Din ! and turn on your yard lights.

When you first look out the window you don't know how many there are out in the dark.

My brother in law lives on his farm in the boonies, has a searchlight on dusk to dawn, lights up the whole area. Way up top of a pole.

Preventive is the way to be.

Regards

Sorry Manitou but, "I have guns too, and was within my rights to use them. " ,you don't have a "right" to use them at another person. Although I understand why one would and I could probably justify it, it is illegal. YOU DO NOT HAVE THAT RIGHT! This is NOT the USA.

I agree with Fish Farmer 100%

Incorrect. You are confusing a right to bear arms in a constitution with your basic human right of self defence . In Canada you have the right to use as much force as. " reasonably" nessecary to protect your life or the lives of others ie: your family. There is no table provided as to what is reasonable. It may be reasonable to punch someone out, it may be reasonable to hit them with a bat. It may be reasonable to shoot them multiple times with a shotgun dependant on the circumstances. Ultimately if the reasonability isn't clear, the courts will ultimately decide. In some states they have things like castle doctrine etc . But that again is different than a constitutional right to keep and bear arms. Their constitution doesn't give them the right to shoot people for car theft . Edited by porkpie

Incorrect. You are confusing a right to bear arms in a constitution with your basic human right of self defence . In Canada you have the right to use as much force as. " reasonably" nessecary to protect your life or the lives of others ie: your family. There is no table provided as to what is reasonable. It may be reasonable to punch someone out, it may be reasonable to hit them with a bat. It may be reasonable to shoot them multiple times with a shotgun dependant on the circumstances. Ultimately if the reasonability isn't clear, the courts will ultimately decide. In some states they have things like castle doctrine etc . But that again is different than a constitutional right to keep and bear arms. Their constitution doesn't give them the right to shoot people for car theft .

Yessir!

But like I stated before in Canada youde have one heck of a hard time using a firearm to protect against a threat unless you luck out and have minutes to unlock everything(assuming you abide by the guns laws)

Edited by manitoubass2