The John Scott Saga....

lookinforwalleye

Just curious on how you guys feel about what went down with Mr. Scott.

Personally I think Mr. Scott should contact a lawyer to see if there are grounds to sue the NHL, Arizona Coyotes and the Montreal Canadiens.

This whole deal stinks and I am embarrassed to see that Montreal have played a part in the deal....thoughts....

It is modern day Shakespeare. Scott is at the mercy of many forces that he has zero control over.

He has no place in this league and for that I'm glad, but he is just a guy who is trying to do what he needs to do. I doubt I would be any different.

The league has had at least 2 previous write-in campaigns and they still failed to anything to prevent this. Proving once again that they are fools. Willy loved his fools.

Scott himself didn't want any part of this but that is the theatre.

I never want to go to a party that I know I'm not really welcome. It doesn't shine a very good light on the NHL. I never really liked Betman. I don't know the guy but I know I couldn't have a guy like him work for me. A practical social media joke gone bad? Is he really that bad? When Zedeno Chiarra (sic) came into the league apparently he was a poor skater for an NHL player according to a WGR 550 discussion yesterday. He worked hard at it and has done well.

As far as a law suit, what are his real damages? Is there a bonus or game cheque for the All Star game? Maybe they paid him anyway.

I never want to go to a party that I know I'm not really welcome. It doesn't shine a very good light on the NHL. I never really liked Betman. I don't know the guy but I know I couldn't have a guy like him work for me. A practical social media joke gone bad? Is he really that bad? When Zedeno Chiarra (sic) came into the league apparently he was a poor skater for an NHL player according to a WGR 550 discussion yesterday. He worked hard at it and has done well.

As far as a law suit, what are his real damages? Is there a bonus or game cheque for the All Star game? Maybe they paid him anyway.

He is that bad, in his career, and this is his 8th year in the league, he has 5 goals and 6 assists, in 7.5 years. he averages roughly 6min of ice time per game

http://www.hockey-reference.com/players/s/scottjo01.html

This deal stinks and I really feel for him.

People voted him in, regardless of the reason and he decided to go. End of story. It is no longer the league or teams or anyone's decision other then his.

If any one of us were given a one day opportunity to play an NHL game or something to that Akin, we would take it. It would possibly be the greatest moment of our life. Don't take that experiance from him.

I'm not crying over his exclusion. Should not have gotten to that point in the first place. The All Star game *should* be the best/ most popular players in the league and that Scott *could* have taken the spot from a more deserving player doesn't sit well with me. The fans who voted him in are idiots imo and probably the same fans who don't have a problem with how Bettman is running the NHL (horribly imo).

One of the last goons standing...hate to see it unfold this way this guy was going for all those guys that did a job most wouldn't want and really never were compensated for...I'm sure there were more than a few banged up concussed guys rooting for him. I hate that the league has got rid of the enforcers, hence the injury escalations to key players that may have other wise been protected.

Edited by 206

What the NHL did was wrong. The league and Arizona asked him to step put of the game however he wanted to play. Why? Because it's a fun weekend and he has good humour..... and he makes 500K and could possible be getting 90k extra with twins on their way to be born in Arizona. Regardless of the ASG or not, you shouldn't be trading a guy who is expecting twins shortly.

Also, the "Crosby isn't in it because of him".... even if I could pick any player from any team I still wouldn't put Crosby in this year. He's had a lackluster year and there's much better players currently then what he's showing. (Not saying they are better, he has just played not as good this year)

What the NHL did was wrong. The league and Arizona asked him to step put of the game however he wanted to play. Why? Because it's a fun weekend and he has good humour..... and he makes 500K and could possible be getting 90k extra with twins on their way to be born in Arizona. Regardless of the ASG or not, you shouldn't be trading a guy who is expecting twins shortly.

Also, the "Crosby isn't in it because of him".... even if I could pick any player from any team I still wouldn't put Crosby in this year. He's had a lackluster year and there's much better players currently then what he's showing. (Not saying they are better, he has just played not as good this year)

Yes i know that Crosby isn't in because of Scott, I just used that as a way of showing how flawed the voting system is, that how a far superior player did not get in, where a guy that barely gets any ice time gets in because a few people abused the voting system

It's bush league even if he doesn't belong there. They screwed up and should eat crow. Change the system to avoid these problems in the future.

The all star game should be the previous stanley cup winner against the top 12 forwards, top 9 defensemen and top two goalies out of the remaining players. Just a thought. Better than watching 3 on 3 pond hockey. I won't be watching.

It's bush league even if he doesn't belong there. They screwed up and should eat crow. Change the system to avoid these problems in the future.

The all star game should be the previous stanley cup winner against the top 12 forwards, top 9 defensemen and top two goalies out of the remaining players. Just a thought. Better than watching 3 on 3 pond hockey. I won't be watching.

Actually I really like this idea. I'd pay to watch that.