The wife of a legend

Big Cliff

Got invited to a pig roast today, got a chance to meet a lot of new people and had a wonderful time. There was a lady there and I kept looking at her thinking "I know her from somewhere".

Suddenly it came to me it was Jackie (Nanook's) wife. Nanook (Jack) passed away in 2010 and we kind of lost touch with Jackie but we never forgot her or Jack.

To make a long story short, it was hugs and kisses all round and I found out that she had a bunch of minor repairs that needed to be done at her place (she didn't tell me but a mutual friend did). A very close friend of mine lives only a few doors away and after a bit of a chat with him suffice to say that those repairs will be done for her at no charge,

For any of you that ever met Nanook, you will know that he would have done the same for any other member of this board.

What goes around, comes around! RIP Jack, we will see to it that Jackie is taken care of.

You are a man of a dying breed Big Guy. I try and help out when I can and hopefully one day long from now someone might be there to help me. You on the other hand would never take that into consideration. Too bad Cliff because you will be paid back on this Earth or somewhere else if that place exists.

Whoa guys whoa!

I have done nothing here other than recognize Jackie after all these years and introduce her to a good friend. Jack ment a lot to me, he was an excellent wood carver and at one point he asked Sue to paint a couple of bears that he had carved. Sue did it with pleasure and when Jack saw them, he started to cry, Sue had worked so hard on them and they were truly a work of art from both perspectives. When jack was in the hospital he asked us to come for a visit and he gave us the bears.

About two years ago we met a very nice couple, he turned out to be a wonderful handyman, could fix and do just about anything. Chris turned out to be a really good friend but he would never take anything for all the things he did to help us out.

One day we were sitting her and he commented on how beautiful the bears were and how they made him think about the fact that we all have two bears in us fighting to survive, a good one and a bad one. When I asked him which one wins, he said "the one you feed the most".

When Chris's birthday came Sue and I talked, there really wasn't anything that we could give Chris to express our gratitude for all his help so we decided that since he loved those bears so much we would pass them along.

As it turns out now, Chris is the friend that lives only a few doors from Jackie and is going to see to it that her repairs are taken care of. So you see, this truly is a story of what goes round, comes round. The bears that Jack so kindly shared with us are now back only a few doors from his beloved Jackie and making sure she is looked after.

Me, I'm just happy that Jackie and the bears are in good hands and that if Jack is looking down on us he can do it with a smile!