Sail Warranty

BowSlayer101

Hey guys, so I was recently fishing with my Fenwick aetos rod and a guide broke off on me while I was reeling a small bass in. This rod was purchased at sail less than a year ago in Etobicoke. My question is, could I come to any store to discuss warranty, or does it have to be the same one? Also could I realistically get them to fix this rod for me or get me a new one or will they start making excuses and other crap up? Sorry for the questions, they may seem stupid but I've never done a return on a product at sail and this is an expensive to me product that I would like to get fixed, since it was not my fault.

My experience with a similar situation was that they wanted me to ship the rod for examination. All I requested was another guide that I would install myself and provide them with a pic of the damaged part. I suggested that the cost for me to ship the rod and in turn their replacement of the affected section of rod was worth more than the guide. Nonetheless, they were adamant that I ship the rod. I dug out a guide of similar size and wrapped it on.

One reason I buy from a Mom and Pop tackle shop is that the closest Sail or Bass Pro is at least 25 bucks in gas. What am I saving if I have to go back to the store for any reason? I go into Bills Bait and they know who I am and when I bought the rod. They even replaced a lure I bought somewhere else when the knot they tied for my Lead Core to flouro let go. I say that's service.

They are the best, Fishing World and Grimsby tackle tied at #2 and 3. They have a good business during fishing season but it is a long winter and the bills keep coming in customers or no customers. I don't know if they are making any more than fair wages. Take into account the hours they put in I would venture a guess that they aren't blazing a trail to the saving account at the bank. I did a profit loss projection for a friend that wanted to open a bait and tackle shop in Cayuga that is on a good spot on The Grand River as the closest place to get bait is Caledonia, Nanticoke and Dunnville sometimes. Even owning the building it would be tough to break even. He would make more renting the property and is. At 5 bucks a scoop that's a lot of scoops to make a buck. Minnows might be abundant but by the time you get a tinny and put gas in it and pay a kid 12 bucks an hour plus Workers Comp. they sure aren't free as he thought they were.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

My experience with a similar situation was that they wanted me to ship the rod for examination. All I requested was another guide that I would install myself and provide them with a pic of the damaged part. I suggested that the cost for me to ship the rod and in turn their replacement of the affected section of rod was worth more than the guide. Nonetheless, they were adamant that I ship the rod. I dug out a guide of similar size and wrapped it on.

the problem is its on warranty so they should do something, I will try, if they tell me to ship it, I might hold off but if they replace the rod I'll be happy, worth a shot right?

Hey guys, just an update on the rod, went intointo the Vaughan sail and they said they don't have it in stock so they can't do over the counter exchange and they said they could ship it but were doubtful pure fishing would do something about it. Then I asked if they have the rod in stock in Etobicoke, they had 5 there so off I go. The nice lady at customer service got me a new rod absolutely no charge and took the old one, very pleased with the service at sail, not so much with pure fishing.

Glad you got a replacement rod, but you said you sent a email to Fenwick and you did not receive a reply as of yet. The lady at Vaughan should not of made a statement if not sure, If it would not have been covered which I dought it is a guide and l am sure would have been. I would wait to hear back from Fenwick (Pure Fishing) 1st before making that Statement you might have been surprised

I did email them, they said pictures are not enough, I would have to send the rod in and they would not return it. I opted to check if I could get an over the counter exchange before sending the rod in and not seeing it until who knows when.

Interesting, I guess you have to deal with individuals too.

There you go as I have never had a problem with Pure Fishing. Even exchanged a Rod for me that was close to 15yrs old that I told them snapped just below the join in a 2 piece. They were surprised I still had and used it and only cost me wait for it $20.00 for a better Rod... Now that is warranty and service :clapping: