left my license in san french river

wkrp

Legally, you would either have to drive back and get your license or turn down the offer to go fishing.

You could report your license as lost and get a replacement. That is probably not technically legal because you cannot have two licenses at once. If you were to destroy the first license once you get back then there really isn't much chance of being charged. I am not sure whether you can get replacement license right away. I lost mine once, the MNR mailed a free replacement to me; it didn't take too long. You might get one right away if you went to Service Ontario or a retailer that sells licenses.

The other option is to just go and take your chances. The charter captain may or may check for a license. The odds are that you won't get checked by a CO.

When is the charter by the way? Any chance that it falls within the license free fishing in July?

Edited by JohnBacon

If a CO asks where your licence is just drool all over him and have you friend explain you are disabled and require a second person to aid you in the angling for sports fish. Yes, yes I know politically incorrect but it has been done before by a couple of knuckle heads I knew.

CO's can call in to verify your license.

True, but they can still charge you for failing to produce a license when asked even after they have confirmed that you do have a license.

A few years ago someone posted about having their rod and reel confiscated even though the CO had called in to confirm that they did in fact have a license. With modern technology, perhaps they should relax a little about the need to have our licenses with us.

True, but they can still charge you for failing to produce a license when asked even after they have confirmed that you do have a license.

A few years ago someone posted about having their rod and reel confiscated even though the CO had called in to confirm that they did in fact have a license. With modern technology, perhaps they should relax a little about the need to have our licenses with us.

For sure.. For a Lake O charter the last thing I'd worry about is being hassled by a CO however.

I checked the service ontario website and the one day license is the best option for me. However it pees me off that I have to pay hst on what already is a tax and also on the service fee wich is also a tax. Tax on tax?