Kesagami Lake Lodge Trip... WOW!

TJQ

Ah yes, Kesagami, It brings back memories....Some great, some good, some not so good.

It's definitely one of Ontarios premier fly in lodges and it looks as though their policies have improved the fishing over the last 15 years.

Thanks for the report TJ, looks like you two had a fun time (but then you always look like you're having a blast ;)).

You guys sure get around, first B.C., now Kesagami.....where are ya going next?

Thanks guys!!!

BPS: ya she kicked my ass again.. I think she pays a bit more attention than I do.. lol.. (small man.. small brain.. not very focused!!)

Fishonthebrain: Of course any lodge thats an hour to fly-in and has the staff facilties that Kesagami does is gonna cost some dough...

Moosebunk: Im not sure if he will be back.. he left the same morning we did... and secrecy.. lol.. he knew better!! and .... take a pee... it will go away... LOLOLOLOL

Gerritt: The one thing thats obvious from the time you get there.. your satisfaction is thier #1 goal.. which generally isnt too hard to achieve when the fishing is not really a concern...

Joey: Ya... as Jimmy Walker would say... shes lookin' good!! LOL There were bunk beds in the Cabins.. which seemed to suit her just fine.. I think shes getting sick of me hoggin the blankets...

ccmt: man.. I tell ya.... if Im not mistaken, the largest pickerels of the year were always over 30"...

Nemo.. thanks for the link... its quite a coincidence... lol.. I nosed over in '83 as well with minor damage!!!!

Lunker: YES... acutally... I caught a stick... whichj helped me catch a fish.... you'll have to wait for the video of that!!

Taper... you won't be dissapointed...

Danbo... We do. I will. Theres a sign at the lodge that says something to the effect of: "No time spent fishing will be deducted form your life..." or something like that... lol.. personally I think some of my trips are helping to shorten it... ah well....

Greencoach... ya well I had to expain that to those folks fro Alabama as well... I think they got it though.... It told them it was a subspecies of Walleye only found north of the border...

Lew: Thanks, no muskies up there... but the prime rib will take the sting outta it for ya!!

Misfish and Maureen: Yes it certainly was...

Bigbuck... Italo was very nice and congenial in person.. they were up there filming a piece with this family that won a trip from Ontario Travel (gov't) and If I could cathc the one... I'm sure he did a bit better....

Solopaddler: Its up to Matachewan shortly, then a wedding and then The OFC G2G... after that its a week in New York City with the kids.. but most of July and August will be up at the camp... um... refurbishing...

Awesome TJ! Can't even imagine a trip like that! That sunset shot...simply amazing! Monique...go girl!! Thank you for sharing this..... Next time you will get him TJ!!

bly

FANTASTIC!!!! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping::thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim:

Although I won't be at the main lodge, it's nice to hear about the service you got. We're up to Floodwood Lake, one of their outpost camps at the end of June. Yea I know that I'll be missing Lakair. The fly-in seemed to good to pass up and after reading your report TJ and talking to my buddy about his trip in a couple of weeks ago, I think I may have made the right choice, maybe not. Report to come!

Thanks for putting together one awesome report TJ!

Edited by fishnsled

Great report...

Man i miss that place, went up in '97... the ribs WOW!!... and the people were great, best fishing i'll ever do i'm sure and it was the 2nd to last fishing trip with my Grandpa... brings back some great memories for sure!!

They still offer the portage into that small little lake on the same side as the lodge?

Kesagami. I have always dreamed of going. You just shot all the pucks in the net, and left the rest for us to score that same goal one day. Thanks for lending hope to get to that better place, and inspiring us to get out and fish! After reading that, I am feeling the need to take the day off work tomorrow and start my weekend early!

Thanks again for the fantastic read!

Edited by Disco Phish

Great stuff TJ and Monique !

We fished the morning and came back to the lodge for lunch, and met this gentleman

..and you look soooo thrilled he has his hand on your shoulder! :o

Chinese.....every Wednesday night my friend...every Wednesday night ! We have our own table in there.... :)

Edited by irishfield

• 4 weeks later...