Lost dock - Severn Sound GBay

irishfield

If you know anyone in the Moore Point.. Quarry Island.. Green Island.. Port McNicol area that is missing a nice L dock, it's out locked in the ice at the entrance to the long marked channel through the Green Island chain to get to Port Severn. In the main bay.. between Snake Island and the channel, but after the yellow/black caution marker!

Also note it will be close for Pike opener... No signs of ice letting go even after the week of +9C temps on the main lake or through the Port Severn system.

Edited by irishfield

ice is propably at or near its thickest right about now or a week or two ago.. it may hang on for a while but i've learned that it can go just as quick in the right (wrong?) conditions out there.

Edited by Raf

Happens every year throughout cottage country. You leave your dock out and you risk it drifting out with the ice or getting crushed.

Yup, that's why mine is up on shore.

It's a pain taking it out and putting it in every year but I have too much $$$$ invested to have it destroyed by the ice.

10489825_940612742631732_589275892087927

Yup, that's why mine is up on shore.

It's a pain taking it out and putting it in every year but I have too much $$$$ invested to have it destroyed by the ice.

10489825_940612742631732_589275892087927

I used to be first into the water every year after ice out to get our docks in place and still wading in November when we pulled the docks out.

The one uncle had a "permanent" dock set on a rock crib. Lord knows how many times we rebuilt that dock after the ice crushed it into kindling.

I used to be first into the water every year after ice out to get our docks in place and still wading in November when we pulled the docks out.

The one uncle had a "permanent" dock set on a rock crib. Lord knows how many times we rebuilt that dock after the ice crushed it into kindling.

I only built it last summer so I don't want it ground into powder before I get some use out of it. :D

It looks like the guy across from me left his in. He built it last summer also. Our ice gets to be 5' thick, once the shoreline goes that big chunk of ice can do a ton of damage.

I have my dock pulled up on the rocks and chained to forged eye bolts anchored into the granite.

Want to make sure the dock doesn't get carried off. ;)

Even this little dock cost nearly $5K to build. :w00t: