cooking thread...

Like I always say I don't use those smiley face things or acronyms so sometimes when I say something stupid I might be trying to be funny or I'm just saying something stupid. It came across wrong. Sorry, keep the recipes coming. I know how M2B2 can feed a family of 14, he's the head of one of the five NY FAMILYS !!!!! The second comment was being sore, a crumungeon old and grumpy.

Yup, winter is coming lol, if u cant bring home any fish gotta come up with plan B lol

Learned a lot from bbquin, growing vegetables to cook and bbq along with many great ways of preparing different kinds of dishes that we have never tried before....burp!!!!!!!!excuse me

ROY share one of your famous cooking/bbquin recipies

Well, if you have never had it you have to try Roy's piaya, (if we can get him to post it) OMG is it ever good!

I looked so forward tonight lemon chicken dinner. All was put preped and ready to go on the grill. The chicken breast smelled oh so good as they hit the grill. I could smell the lemon. The chicken grilled as it was too. When it was done, I pulled it off and tented. My mouth was watering.

Before I get to the sad part here, heres the pics. Just the way they should looks from start to finish.

Lemon and herb infused.

disgusting%20chicken%20001_zpsfdvamexn.j

disgusting%20chicken%20003_zpsvjcpfpwd.j

disgusting%20chicken%20004_zpsms5x077p.j

OOPS, HIT WRONG BUTTON

When all was said and done, we ate and said WTH. This taste nothing like our normal lemon chicken. What is going on with meat these days? Cant even infuse and get the flavors.

Well it did look good. Fried onions on the tater was the best thing on the plate.

disgusting%20chicken%20007_zpsbp7nl4pm.j

Edited by Brian B

I've noticed some really bad chicken this summer. Only from discount type grocery stores. It is basically just flavourless meat with really nothing to do with it. Not sure what the issue is but expect it has been injected with really weak salt water which kills the flavour. I have found Costco to be the most consistent aside from a farm.

Does anybody here have a really good slow cooker? I have had several, the latest being a Black and Decker which is highly inconsistent, to say the least. I have had it two years and it almost always disappoints. The high is too high and the low is too low it seems. After eight hours on low yesterday, the diced Vidalia onions in my moose dish were not even cooked.

Any recommendations? I don't mind spending money for good quality.

Doug

Hate to say it, but the new cookers don't compare to the older makes. We are still using the same crockpot we got as a wedding present almost 30 years back. Consistent heat and a good solid old fashioned ceramic pot.

Brian. What was that about the BBQ sauce this morning!!!?????lol

That was not burnt John. It was a nice crispy skin. BBQ SAUCE is for burnt meat COVER UPS like I said. :rofl2:

I fixed that left over BLA chicken tonight. Tore the left overs apart and fried it up with some chillie peppers and made it into ceaser chicken wraps with some hot sauce. :D

Take that BLA chicken. Oh wait, it might come back to bite me in the morn. :w00t:

001.JPG

002.JPG

Still on the hunt for good ribs. I havent seen any up here. Might have to make a trip south of here.

Does anybody here have a really good slow cooker? I have had several, the latest being a Black and Decker which is highly inconsistent, to say the least. I have had it two years and it almost always disappoints. The high is too high and the low is too low it seems. After eight hours on low yesterday, the diced Vidalia onions in my moose dish were not even cooked.

Any recommendations? I don't mind spending money for good quality.

Doug

I also have a rival... From what I can tell its from 1977 haha, works like a charm though!

The good thing about my slow cooker failing to deliver on my moose roast was that I made up a fantabulous soup yesterday with the moose, vidalias, sweet sauce, wine, etc that had all been in the slow cooker, PLUS the meaty bones from a rather large (beef) prime rib roast, some more goodness including a home-made condensed beef broth, etc etc. So I have a moose/beef/barley soup that is absolutely amazing.

When God gives you lemons, make lemonade.............

The good thing about my slow cooker failing to deliver on my moose roast was that I made up a fantabulous soup yesterday with the moose, vidalias, sweet sauce, wine, etc that had all been in the slow cooker, PLUS the meaty bones from a rather large (beef) prime rib roast, some more goodness including a home-made condensed beef broth, etc etc. So I have a moose/beef/barley soup that is absolutely amazing.

When God gives you lemons, make lemonade.............

So true Doug

My parents have a slow cooker. It has to be one of the firsts ones that came out as it,s called the crook pot. I know they still use it.

Edit to add, I can remember them using it when I was a teen.

Edited by Brian B

OK Mr, B you talked me into it.........

Jesus I hope this turns out.....

The weave.....

image_20.jpg

Meat and spices.....

image_21.jpg

Sauté mushrooms

image_22.jpg

Veg.....

image_23.jpg

Ready for the Q'

image_24.jpg

Prepping the Weber Performer...... Ran out of Lump... So had to use pressed charcoal.... Added a chunk of hickory. The smokie is now on the grill... On indirect heat.

image_25.jpg

Let's have a try!!!!

Marinara Mussels and grilled peppers will be the sides

I'll post finished product when done :)

G

Edited by Gerritt