Who's going to the boat show?

DRIFTER_016

I hear ya. We need a new tinny for the cottage, The transom is done on the old girl up there.

I just did the transom of the family cottage tinny this fall I looked at the price of new ones with my father in law, then tossed it in the back of my truck and spent an afternoon in my driveway! It will last another 30 years now. It's not the best fishing boat, but I also added a few extra amenities to make it better for fishing, and, I guess I won't curse it as much as I have over the last 15 years lol! If you can save it, I would! It was well worth it!

I am, going to check out the deals before I decide to go new or used.

But the time to buy used has passed.

September, October, November (before storage) is the best time to buy used.

Your moving into the worst time to buy used (February, March, April) as everyone is gearing up for the upcoming season.

If your looking to purchase in the 1st quarter of a new year, buying new will likely be better.

That may be Dawn Wells' head but that's not her torso. She was born in 1938.

No boat show for me. I am barring myself from it. I went 6 years ago to help me decide new or used. Once I saw what little can be purchased for 20K the decision to go used was easy for me. I didn't wait until fall because I found a lucky good deal in May on a trade in.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

I have a very precise boat in mind, doubt I can find it slightly used at this point. May need a year or two for the right one to turn up. Until then I will look at everything I can and weed out the ones that don't 'measure up', I have a good rig now, so if I can't find the perfect boat I won't pull any triggers...

But the time to buy used has passed.

September, October, November (before storage) is the best time to buy used.

Your moving into the worst time to buy used (February, March, April) as everyone is gearing up for the upcoming season.

If your looking to purchase in the 1st quarter of a new year, buying new will likely be better.

I've been watching the used market for 2 years now. Boat prices are way depressed from what they where when I bought my last fishing boat. I didn't find what I was looking for in the fall. I do not HAVE to buy, but it would be nice. If I can't find the right deal, I'll just wait till it comes along. Its not like I don't have a boat, and I have no need or desire to sell the one I currently have anyway, I hunt out of it too, and its not being sold.