Messy weather thats for sure. Anyone seeing the rain yet?

misfish

We have had snow now for the past 3 hours.The heavy stuff. Lots of water in it. Next comes the freezing rain then just rain. +8 for the high Sunday.

Whats happening where you are?

If this is what this winter is going to be like,lust leave it at fall,and go to spring then summer mother nature.

Been snowing here in the Kawarthas for a few hours but we've only got an inch or 2 then sposed to go above freezing tonight and turn to rain.

I have to leave here tomorrow morning at 8:30 to drive to Brampton so hopefully there's not too much of a mess.

Raining most of the day here in London, ON. Sleet in the morning/early afternoon and changed to rain. A real mess outside. I just "shoveled" [more like pushed the slush] my driveway though because I have no idea what to expect, and hate having that layer of ice below the snow when you shovel.

Snow.. snow and more snow Brian. Plowed well over a foot yesterday afternoon... and we have about 7 inches of new stuff in the yard now that has dropped since noon. Waiting to see if we get any freezing rain as it's easier to leave the snow.. let it rain.. and then plow it. Tomorrow's going to be a mess.. and trying to get to Toronto General Monday am doesn't look like to much fun!

Light snow in the morning. Freezing rain since 1pm.

This weather is just a little too reminiscent of the crap we used to see during a Nova Scotia winter.

A good blow would give you 1-2' of snow from the north, then the wind would shift bringing warm air from the gulf current, and that brought freezing rain and rain, followed by another dip and more snow. Was normal to be stranded 2-3 days along the eastern shore. They lifted my uncle by chopper to get him out on the Bonnie the one time.

I spent alot of time working alongside the Bonnie Bruce.

Cnv0083.jpg

That was an age ago now. I still remember when they beached my uncle. All his skills and qualifications were deemed worthless in the civilian world. Despite the fact that when the weather got really nasty, civil aviation would need his help to talk the planes in.

civil aviation would need his help to talk the planes in.

Watching those Trackers take off & land on Bonnies flight deck was something I never tired of.

Very repetitious but the skill of those Air Wing pilots landing those planes on the small deck in rough seas was just unbelievable.

Watching those Trackers take off & land on Bonnies flight deck was something I never tired of.

Very repetitious but the skill of those Air Wing pilots landing those planes on the small deck in rough seas was just unbelievable.

And they used to have to do it blind at night and in heavy fog. There would be some nasty prangs on deck at times.

Temps were sposed to rise to +5 here over night but it didn't happen & it's still below freezing and now their saying it's only going to +1 later today. Still got freezing rain coming down and there's a 1/4" of ice covering everything. Cold temps coming tonight and staying for awhile so I guess the ice coating will be here for awhile too.

I've got about 250 miles to drive today so I sure hope the salt trucks have been working on the roads.

Plus 1 here Lew, going up to 2 with rain, you should be fine coming out this way.

Thanks for the update bud, appreciate it.

99% of the time I don't worry about weather but long drives on icy roads can definitely be a nuisance.