Anyone ever give this here thingy a giver

Moosebunk

Arrived at Christmas. Called the Teardrop made by 13 Fishing. Upside-down baitcaster is what it is. GearR - 6.2:1, 8BB's. Threw it on a M-H 36" St.Croix and spooled it up with 100 yards of 15lb braid. It's small though, light, with line capacity for more. With lure attached it'll balance perfect. Thinking it'll be for big lakers, maybe big eyes or pike too. Even if it's garbage it still looks purdy cool.

Anyone use it before and have an opinion?

Winter15-019_zps7d107fcb.jpg

Even though I wind baitcasters and other top mounted reels with my right , I wind anything that is slung under the rod with my left, I would prefer the handle on the other side even though it is a baitcaster. Another thing it would be hard to thumb the spool if you are lowering on freespool. :dunno:

Agree with that Bill as it would be the case with any baitcaster used outside below freezing...

Will see how it does outside though... Anytime fishing lakers there will always be at least two other sticks with spinning reels ready to go.

Brian... it seems pretty solid... and from the spool to the first guide is pretty well a perfect straight shot. It's no bigger than a 750 series reel or so... but with nearly doubly the line capacity and a rather heavy drag if need be. I can't wait to sink a big spoon into a heavy laker and test this things gears. It was ordered right from 13 Fishing.

And no... I'm not Prostaff of them or anything.

Edited by Moosebunk

Looks like it is either a love it or hate it set up. It appears to be clunky from other reels you use but it also has a few desirable features as well. Once you use it I am sure you will decide on the first trip out.

Art

Looks like it is either a love it or hate it set up. It appears to be clunky from other reels you use but it also has a few desirable features as well. Once you use it I am sure you will decide on the first trip out.

Will pull no punches, use it in the hut mostly, and give it to ya straight by the end of the season. Will tell ya though so far Art, it's not actually "clunky".. it sits nice in the palm for pencil grip and seems decently built.