The Duck Lady

Dara

2 counts of criminal negligence causing death...2 count of dangerous driving causing death and she gets 90 days on weekends bloody ridiculous!!!!

I can't even contemplate how stupid one would have to be to stop their car in the left lane of a highway!

And as far as the 10 year driving ban goes it's not long enough!!!

But a car in front of the bike was able to avoid her, why didn't the guy on the bike?

Because the guy on the bike can't see through the car in front of him to see the stopped duck woman.

That car swerved out of the way and there was not enough time for the bike dude to react and do the same.

Same kind of thing happened to a buddy of mine in the 90's on HWY 10 South of the QEW.

Taxi driver in front, then tow truck and finally my buddy in a Jetta. Taxi guy slams on the brakes and stops to answer his phone, tow truck swerves to miss stupid taxi guy and my buddy rear ends taxi. Taxi guy was charged. My buddy was not.

Because the guy on the bike can't see through the car in front of him to see the stopped duck woman.

That car swerved out of the way and there was not enough time for the bike dude to react and do the same.

Same kind of thing happened to a buddy of mine in the 90's on HWY 10 South of the QEW.

Taxi driver in front, then tow truck and finally my buddy in a Jetta. Taxi guy slams on the brakes and stops to answer his phone, tow truck swerves to miss stupid taxi guy and my buddy rear ends taxi. Taxi guy was charged. My buddy was not.

Then he's way too close to the car. You shouldn't have any issues seeing around the car in front of you, especially if you're on a bike.

Edited by BillM

I'm pretty sure she stopped her car IN the passing lane, and even though I don't ride, I have some friends that do ride and they say that four wheels are more maneuverable than two when sudden reactions are needed. The car that was able to swerve out of the way, was not able to stop, so how would the motorcycle be able to outmaneuver it?

True enough but given the circumstance of the moving car a head of the biker shielding his line of sight somewhat and the fact that this absolute moron stopped her vehicle in the passing lane of a multi-lane highway....the guy was probably a tad surprised!!!

Yes the guy was driving too fast but that in it`s self should not have meant a death sentence for two people...accidents happen everyday and people die but this IMHO was not a accident this moron committed a criminal act that caused the death of two people!!!

See, the guy on the bike didn't hit the car he was following...if it had stopped, he would have too...it jumped out of the way of something dead stopped in front...2 people dead for a duck

I had to jump out of the way of a ladder that fell off of a morons van on the highway once, the guy behind me hit it, if it was a bike behind me there would have been a fatality

Edited by Dara

Excuse me ma'am, contrary to what you might believe or what others may have told you, your actions directly cost two people their lives and the mere fact you are appealing the sentence because you feel you have done no wrong proves beyond a shadow of a doubt you are in fact an idiot. Drop the appeal, serve your time and shut up.

Edited by moxie