The Duck Lady

Dara

I think the ten years is totally proper . She said she would do it all over again from what I remember....correct me if I am wrong

She said she'd do what all over again? Certainly not trying to help a few ducks knowing what happened as the result of it.

She said she'd do what all over again? Certainly not trying to help a few ducks knowing what happened as the result of it.

Not a hundred percent sure but I kinda remember hearing that...no matter though.

There was a lot of talk about it here earlier so I thought I would post up the results.

Given the severity of her actions and what I would call a more than fair (extremely light sentence) she still feel's it unjust and is appealing the conviction.

I think she should accept the decision, serve it accordingly and shut her pie hole! If she appeals I hope they hand her a more severe sentence.

Appealing would to me suggest she is without remorse.

He would not have hit her Craig if she had not have stopped for the ducks, a violation in itself.

Is he (the motorcycle driver) at fault, tough call but he would not have collided with her had she not stopped for the ducks.

I still say she should serve the sentence graciously and be grateful it was not more severe.

People make bad decisions all the time. Some have little impact, some more tragic. It's sad for all affected by this, however her intentions were good. She'll never be the same and is not a threat to society. I believe her conscience will impose more of a sentence than anything the courts can. I wish her well.

He would not have hit her Craig if she had not have stopped for the ducks, a violation in itself.

Is he (the motorcycle driver) at fault, tough call but he would not have collided with her had she not stopped for the ducks.

I still say she should serve the sentence graciously and be grateful it was not more severe.

I agree she should serve her time graciously. And I will concede that stopping on a highway was very much a rookie mistake. But at the end of the day, the guy on the bike must bear some responsibility too. He has to be in control of his vehicle, and clearly, that was not the case. Otherwise, he would not have hit her vehicle.

Sorry Chris, you and I may need to agree to disagree on this one. I do believe both parties share responsibility for this accident.

Edited by Craig_Ritchie

I think 10 years of no driving is good. I think all of us have seen people do dumb things like tailgaiting or weaving on the 401, but for someone to be so stupid that they stop their car in the passing lane is just ridiculous. I'm only 18 but this was one of the very few news stories I heard that really upset me. I can't imagine what it would be like to just watch your family die literally right infront of you.

mmm...Ok I'll ask the question even though maybe I'll get smacked lol...

So if I rear end you when you hit the brakes to avoid "insert here" (car, kid, cow, deer)

And I hit you, I am usually charged with following to close.

But if rear end you when you hit the breaks for a duck...you get charged?

I think its sad someone lost their lives over this, and I think its incredibly stupid to stop for Ducks...but

What it is the difference between stopping for a duck and a deer???

Legally speaking?

Am I missing part of the story?