377 km just to have a NEWFIE breakfast?

misfish

With my parents? You betcha.

Got the call a fresh feed of blood pudd,n had arrived up at my parents and there would be breakfast waiting.

I dont get the good stuff that often,but when I can,Im there.

Toast/eggs,hash browns and pudd,n. :canadian:

It was a crisp start to the drive up.

7-11-14drivetomuddersandpops001_zpsab0ba

Before heading to their house,I decided to drive the hill and take a couple of scenery pictures of their area. Fresh snow fall over night.

What a view this time of year.

7-11-14drivetomuddersandpops004_zps7d9c9

That,s my pop,s and mudder,s place.

7-11-14drivetomuddersandpops005_zps42499

Pops been telling me about how the turkeys have really populated up there. He has had a lone Tom for about the last 3 years. Then a few more showed and now he says theres about 40 or so. Two different year classes. And to think,there were none 5-6 years ago. Introduction does work.

He says this is half of the bunch that he feeds. The deer will be joining them soon.

7-11-14drivetomuddersandpops007_zps54809

I averaged 9.6 lt per 100.

That,s no different then if I drove the old Avenger up there.

7-11-14drivetomuddersandpops014_zps9379a

It was darn cold up there this morning. :canadian:

Yea the mileage, that's what I noticed, 9 point anything is good on any 1/2 ton. I'm both impressed and depressed at the same time. As for the blud puddin' you can have all of my share, 100% of it. Mom an Dad are still with us but Mom can't cook anymore at the retirement residence or won't should I say, enjoy them now as much as possible. I sure miss those Italian Sunday feasts, we all do. I guess it's my turn now, I don't mind. I'm teaching any of the kids Mom and Noni's recipes now if they are interested.

Brian if you don't make the sausages, learn now and pass it on some day.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

cool

now you need to find an atv and boat that are good on gas too....lol

Im still dreaming.LOL

newfies have a sick sense of humor when it comes to guard rails :)

The rail was to make sure you didnt go off the end of the road. Ya 3ft ditch. The other well,hang on.

That's is great mileage, the jury is out on the blood pudding though. :D

If pop had not eaten all the smelts I dropped off in March :wallbash: ,it would of been even better. :D

Not to sure about the blood pudding but nothing like a good breakfast feed from Mom !

Mudders rule. I even got a peck on the forehead when I left. That,s like the best. :blush:

Brian if you don't make the sausages, learn now and pass it on some day.

If I could, I would,but it,s an art. There are somethings that are meant to be left to the ones that know.

I,ll just enjoy it while I can.

Worth every km. You're feeding your soul.

AMEN to that.

Gets me anxious for Christmas morning, the one day of the year my family does a traditional Scottish fry up

Blood pudding, Lorne's sausage, potato scones, Ayrshire bacon, a fried egg all wiped up with some fried bread...

Only do it once a year now as its all my arteries can take

But when I was a kid my pop (grandfather) used to do this every sunday at 11. After fly fishing practice at the rose dale bridge and before we hit the big lake for bass and walleye on Balsam

Thanks for the post. Good memories stirred up

Cheers

Gordy