Where are all the "Stop the Drop" whiners now?

irishfield

Been on the Bay for over 32 years now, tried to tell those that would listen it was cyclic ! 100's of thousands of dollars spent on "what do we do" meetings, in every Georgian Bay town and city, and nature took care of it on it's own.

Edited by irishfield

Nov 2007 level. Note the bumper board below the dock.. off the bow of the boat. This board is now over 4" below the water. Level is up 2.5 feet since 2007. Back to about normal... the ramp to the floating dock is now uphill !

Edited by irishfield

Haha. With the amount of rain we are getting this year they may have the opposite problem in a couple years

Often wondered about that, we set a record for rainfall a couple of years ago, last year a drought, this year, decidedly normal. I don't think the farmers in my area have been able to string together more than two decent years in the 24 years I have been here.

Dunno if a solid conclusion can be made by just one season of returning water levels. It's such a huge water system to claim it as a cyclical event and naive to do so. I'm not sure if they've managed to implement a system to slow the outflow of water or perhaps the heavy precipitation from this past winter, but I do hope they are able to find a way to maintain the current water levels of GB and Huron.

Edited by FrankTheRabbit

My wife grew up on Sturgeon Bay... from 1965 on. Her father bought the property with 300 feet of front yard in those years. When I first went there in '82 there was about 80 feet of front yard because the water was so HIGH and everyone was complaining something was wrong on the great lakes. Last year it returned to about the same 300 feet of front yard and everyone was complaining the water was LOW. It's now back to 80 again.