And the big muskies continue...

Fisherpete

My last four trips have produced:

Kawarthas - 45"

Kawarthas - 44" PB tiger muskie

Lake of the Woods - 48.5" followed by a 51" PB - my first fifty incher

St. Lawrence - new PB with a 53.5"

Hit a Kawartha lake last Sunday, was going with John (cowanjo) but a last minute family issue made this a solo mission. Had a follow mid morning, and then caught this pretty girl trolling in the early afternoon... 48". First time using the new net - Frabill Big Kahuna - absolutely LOVE IT.

DSCF0031_zps6035a162.jpg

Had one other follow and a few other incidental species catches. Haven't had a crazy numbers day yet this year, but I will take quality over quantity any day! I'm going to try hard this fall to put that first Kawartha 50 in my boat... stay tuned!

Pete

I had heard reports, from reliable sources, of a 50 plus fish caught this past weekend on North Pigeon. When I saw the topic Pete, I thought it could be you.

Still that is a beauty for the Kawarthas. The 50's are there, just not the numbers like you would find in trophy type waters.

As others have said, you and Andrew are on a roll this year.

Pete I would have loved to fish with you I got all the way to end of 407 and had to turn back - my father in law is pretty sick and I appreciate everyone who understands the pressures when this happens.

To Tom - not me recently but if one of my friends told you about the 50plus in north Pigeon last month that is confirmed but maybe there are more I hope!

John

No worries John - family always comes first! I'm sure we will get out again soon enough.

Tom - they are in there for sure, I have seen pics of more 50+ Kawartha skis in the past two years than in the ten before. I certainly think the 44" minimum size limit they imposed a few years back has helped, as well as improved awareness by anglers. The MCI "know the difference" campaign certainly helps.

I'm hoping that when I finally do get my K-50 it will be a nice looking fish - not one that is on it's way out the door... Some of the big ones I have seen were not exactly the sexiest of specimens haha...

Pete I would have loved to fish with you I got all the way to end of 407 and had to turn back - my father in law is pretty sick and I appreciate everyone who understands the pressures when this happens.

To Tom - not me recently but if one of my friends told you about the 50plus in north Pigeon last month that is confirmed but maybe there are more I hope!

John

North pigeon is home to many 50 plus fish. We boated 4 a few seasons ago. 2 in one weekend!