Mid-week mini report

Roy

Had a bit of a rough day yesterday and decided to go sit on the water for a coupla hours. Launched at 7PM or so and did a leisure, slow trip down river a mile or so. I thought I'd drag a ReefRunner or a Rapala DD behind a bottom bouncer.....hey!, it's easier than jigging. I thought it would be a quiet evening but there were two other guys trolling.

Surface temp was around 57F and I stayed in around 20FOW. Was marking fish pretty well everywhere. Only did 4 or so 1000 foot runs. I guess I got 7-8 fish. I kept the 3 smallest for the table.

The walleye should be here (in this spot) in a week or two.

DSC00485.JPG

DSC00489.JPG

DSC00506.JPG

May30_Lowrance.jpg

Looks like a good dinner, Roy!

I'm not sure if I've ever caught a sauger, how do you tell the difference? I looked it up online and the only reliable sign I could see was that sauger don't have the white spot on the tail like walleye do, otherwise they can be quite similar in colour etc.

Mike

Looks like a good dinner, Roy!

I'm not sure if I've ever caught a sauger, how do you tell the difference? I looked it up online and the only reliable sign I could see was that sauger don't have the white spot on the tail like walleye do, otherwise they can be quite similar in colour etc.

Mike

I haven't caught a sauger in years but I remember that they had patches on them. If you look at Roy's pic of the fish, it's really prominent on the smaller one.

Nice report there Roy! I can't believe those other boats moved in on ya. The nerve. :angry::D

Well done Roy good report.

Last week I caught my first sauger and told the guy I was with "this fish looks like the saugeye that I catch back home except no white spot on the tail" and later that night someone brought a couple in to eat and showed me the difference.

Hope you enjoyed your dinner!

Whopper

Guest Johnny Bass

I dont think I have ever seen a report from you Roy. I'm glad you got out there and caught some fish!That Lowrence fishfinder looks awesome!!

Good to see you finally out Roy .Nice Dore Noir love to meet you out there one evening.I don't know that place at all ROY LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did Marc put you on those fish or did you do it all by yourself ?

MTP

what the hell??????... Roy actually went fishin'?

Dore Noir??? isn't that a womens bikini area hair remover?

... and as for that last sentance Mike.. Roy prolly has blisters all over his little skin from that BURN!!!!

Excellent Report and pics Roy... I didn't know that you ever really actually FISHED!!!

:w00t::w00t::w00t::clapping::thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim:

Edited by Greencoachdog