tb4me

They will eat salary if they ship either of them off, but they might do it anyways. Phil isnt the problem though, hate on him all you want but really his role is clearly defined and he plays it. Snipers are snipers, hate on his contract, hate on his style of play cause hes not peter forsberg he plays his role and does it pretty darn well.

Strong statement, but the reality of it all just makes more sense to me then anything else. I personally would love for the NHL to prove me wrong and even more so I would love for edmonton to get that pick (yes im biased) but when i really really think about it all, these leagues, teams etc are all businesses. If you have a clear cut easy business move that you can make to save a franchise that is about to completely fold, you make that move.

The crosby Pittsburgh draft made me a believer.

Actually a team can move up 4 spots by winning the lottery

That's not what I said. Eve if a team move up 4 spots then the teams get pushed down one spot and those picks are set. So they can only drop one spot.

Edited by muddler

I do think a rebuild is to happen, but to do that we must unload some players first. Leafs are a few seasons away from even restarting a rebuild. It's not like the pre salary cap era where you can just get rid of everyone. Before getting rid of some players I like to see the Leafs wait and see where Babcock goes. If he stays with Detroit start unloading, but if he comes to Leaf land lets see what he can do.

Babcock is a great coaach and honestly why would he want coach in a place that has a habit of grinding coaches into a fine pulp!!!

Besides even Babcock can not turn chicken turd into chicken salad!!!

Edited by lookinforwalleye

Kessel could be traded. There are a lot of teams out there to take a one trick pony 30 goal scorer. Moving Phaneuf will be much harder.

Since I graduated high school the leafs have made the playoffs once........ I turn 31 in October.

(Throws hands up in the air in defeat).

Kessel a one trick pony?? He is one of the best pure goal scorers in the league, just look at his stats. Why would the Leafs even consider trading him. They would never be able to fill the gap that would leave. What Kessel needs is a centre not named Bozak.

Just my 2 cents

Kessel a one trick pony?? He is one of the best pure goal scorers in the league, just look at his stats. Why would the Leafs even consider trading him. They would never be able to fill the gap that would leave. What Kessel needs is a centre not named Bozak.

Just my 2 cents

That's right. Best pure scorer. One trick. What else does he do?

The thing is, I agree, he will score 30-40 goals a year. Right now I don't want him to. No more of this, leafs finish 9th, leafs finish 11th. Let's finish bottom 3 for a few years and rebuild. Get some value for Kessel. Now, make the right deal. Get value for him, but blow the whole thing up.

I'll take Chicago for the cup.

That's right. Best pure scorer. One trick. What else does he do?

The thing is, I agree, he will score 30-40 goals a year. Right now I don't want him to. No more of this, leafs finish 9th, leafs finish 11th. Let's finish bottom 3 for a few years and rebuild. Get some value for Kessel. Now, make the right deal. Get value for him, but blow the whole thing up.

I'll take Chicago for the cup.

Didn't say best, I said one of the best. How you gonna replace that?? Maybe they can trade him for Stamkos LOL

Edited by kuha

Ill never give on my boys in Blue..Leaf fan till I die..Im only 40 amd I know it will come one day..Until then GO LEAFS GO.. A true fan win or loose..Loved that song ha ha ha....Gardiner healthy scratch last night..I hear Edmonton offered up Yakapov for Jake last night..I personally dont care for yakopov at all..We need to get a #1 center right away..Now I sound like a broken fricken record

Dion has to go,Phil,looks like he is arrogant and a downer I think.Get a #1 goalie,we do not have one now that is not burnt out and can steal us a game .Throw Dion and Phil out there,see what we can get.Throw in a couple others.This team needs a 3/4 player change.No heart ,no grit,no nothing.Glad your starting to see this finally Bill :wallbash: lol..I'm one of there biggest fans,even I have seen this for months going on the downward slide.Nonis goes,Shanny?,who is this mostly quite hardly heard from guy?.To early to tell,thinking he may not even be the answer?