The mrs,s says,I need a truck again. WHAT?

misfish

As much as I would love one,I would cringe at the fact of watching the gas pump going up to 100+ bills to fill. Yes there are many bonus factors to having a truck,but I get along just fine as you all have seen.

I have no boat to tow or a place to keep it. But I have a float aboat that fits in nice,along with anything I need for a days fishing.

This is why I have the, Mopar buddy..Great millage 60 bux to fill (when fuel is $1;30) and lasts a full two weeks. I get to fish from Barrie to any lake near Gravenhurst..

No this is not a garage sale,this is my traveling tackle box. Some days,I just get in and drive and I never know where or what,Im going to be fishing for. It,s an awesome feeling..

Littlelake23-08-14012_zps847d2a30.jpg

Repacked for another outing.

No Terry,that is not your flipper. :P:w00t:

Littlelake23-08-14013_zps2fb6f93b.jpg

And just so were all clear here,I dont leave my keys in it. And it is well insured.. LOL

Edited by Brian B

You need the new dodge diesel 1/2 ton buddy! Same mileage as your car, with 4wd and towing is a breeze!

Nice set up though!

Where you gonna put the decoys? LOL

S.

Shane,SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH (Im looking,just dont tell her)

Decoys are on my lap. Surprised? LOL

Edited by Brian B

or a small closed box trailer. You can buy a lot of toys for the difference between your current wheels and that beast in your sights ( although it sure would be nice, and then you would have the power to pull a nice 16 or 18 footer with the truck. Just sayin'........ )

then you would have the power to pull a nice 16 or 18 footer with the truck. Just sayin'........ )

Ok,now your pushing my luck Rick.LOL

Im happy with what I got. Some may not know the feeling I get from this simple way,but it,s a blast. Wish I had of discovered it sooner.

I still like my time out on the big boats. Don,t get me wrong. :Gonefishing:

We have a full size pickup. With the price of gas, I try to use my 4 cylinder SUV as much as possible. Thankfully my boat isn't huge. I only hunt with silhouettes for geese, and I can even fit 6-8 dozen silhouettes and 2 layout blinds in my SUV. Having the truck is nice, but it sucks paying the gas bill!

I was going to stay away from this as everyone has a diff opinion when it comes to vehicles

Anyway....this is what I ended up doing

My 4 door f150 is gone---it was a great truck but as everyone knows----at $1.30---your looking at $170 to fill from empty

I had 3 criteria on my search....4wd...tow a boat....good gas mileage

Now I had a truck but I ran around with the box empty 363 days of the year

Many small suv's don't have the tow capacity but can get the other 2 criteria

So This is what I got-----ford escape---2 litre eco-boost---3500 lb towing capacity---4wd------great on gas

I have a utility trailer if I need a dump/lumber yard run (smartest thing I ever bought)

An Ottawa run would cost me 100 dollars round trip------now just did one for 40

escape 002.JPG

Well lets see.

I just did some playing around on the dodge site.

Im not impressed with the price for a basic 2x4 - 6 cyl.

This is the truck I want,if I get one. Single cab,short box. 4x4 would be ok.

Thats the net price before the rest of the Bull taxes.

http://www.ramtrucks.com/hostc/bmo/CUT201413DS1L61B/2TB/summary.do

Another avenue to check would be a wagon, I had one, excellent storage capacity and I now as of last week picked up a 2011 tucson, 2.4l 4 cyl rated for 2000lbs towing, should be good for my uses in the coming years and it's got a ton of interior space with a great ride

When I was 17,I drove an old 78 Renault wagon. Bought it for 700 buxs certified. Pukey green color I could care the less though. I could throw all my gear in it and head to the Sound. Was a great feeling at the age of 17.

Edited by Brian B

Don't get a GMC/Chev if it's mileage you're after. My '13 5.3 is an awesome truck, but they still haven't figured out how to make their v8's reasonably efficient. My current rolling avg. according to the DIC is 15.1 MPG...oww!!

Never been a GMC guy..

But I do love the look of the Camero. :clapping: