port -a -boat

bow slayer

does anyone here own one? I have found one for sale and have always thought it would be a great little boat for back lakes. Are they durable,do they hold up after constant use? The one I found is about 7 years old,do the seals and seams need to be replaced after a certain time? thanks

Had one for about 8 yrs+\-. Great option for back lakes as far as I'm concerned. I never had an issue with the seams on mine. Always stayed dry. I know what your thinking too. How can it fold and fold and fold and not split and leak, but they don't. I had a 12 footer Genesis IV Series. I bought mine from a member on here and sold it last year to another member on this board. Good little boat for what you describe you want it for. I once cracked the stern peice by tightening my minkotta to much, but resolved cheaply with a new one I picked up in London from a dealer. If you have anymore questions I hope I can help. Good luck with the purchase.

Pidge.

D9D3F396-1248-4987-9A4F-45738DE68675-121

D0125161-3D2C-433F-91C7-8CDE12925BAE-651

7AE6FA1D-B300-4BA3-A77D-4B1C694AD508-322

12e97dac.jpg

Edited by pidge

Terry or Irishfield should be able to help you here. Good luck.

I have been in the smaller one that Terry has. Very stable with the two of us in it.

Can I ask what they are going for these days used in good condition?

mine is the 12ft one

I love mine, great for back lakes but more stable then any 12ft tinny, so works well on simcoe too

the spots where it folds on the transom split on me but duct tape works great, no other issues

Edited by Terry

the guy i found actually has 2 for sale a 10ft and a 12ft. Both are around the 1000 dollar price. I already have a coleman scanoe just thought this would be a easier option especially if alone,plus more stable and have more room. I camped beside a guy and his 2 years ago and thought they looked very stable and durable,and watched how easy he put it together.

I have one I am no longer using. Same as the one in Terry's first picture, the green one. Once folded out into boat mode it has a different shape, the transom is smaller than the beam of the boat. Ill get pics if someone is interested.

Willing to let it go for $600. PM me if interested. It doesnt look like much cosmetically, but no leaks and is perfect for small lakes. Anyone at the fish-a-thon the past 2 years would have seen me cruising with it alongside my girlfriend. Bought a 14foot tinny so no longer need it

Edited by d_paluch

A friend had a fold up boat but it didn't look like the ones posted here. Perhaps it was a fold up canoe. It wasn't very stable and you could tip it quite easily if you moved the wrong way. The ones pictured here look very stable and a great alternative to a tin car topper

Las if you don't have enough information yet, check out http://blindfishingboat.com/category/blind-fishing-boat/

Lawrence Gunther is the blind fisherman and had used the same boat you are looking for to set up the first blind fishing boat. It essentially used sensors and GPS with an animated voice to navigate. He has since stepped up to a ranger but I think he still has this.

I got a boat off an uncle that looked like a suit case. It was hinged in the middle. Flipped it open, screw on the two side braces. Small electric motor was all it could take,but it was pretty cool. It was 4'x8' extended with 12" sides.