Joey & Tybo's Upper G2g Report

Joey

Well I wasn't going to do a report as we made out about the same as everyone else at the Upper Niagara G2G - El Skunko!!! But since people are wondering, here is what our day was like.

We awoke at 4 a.m. and got ready and were out the door just before 5 a.m. We drove through fog so thick we couldn't even tell we were on the Burlington Skyway. We finally figured out we were by the RPM's in the truck :blink:

We went over another high bridge and I took this shot, it was starting to dissipate by this time.

gallery_17_108_19108.jpg

As we hit St. Catharines it was like a light switch turned the fog off and it was a clear beautiful day. We got to the launch around 7:30 (after finding a gas station to fill the boat, but that's another story) and what a beautiful day it was. The water was like glass and very clear.

gallery_17_108_34577.jpg

We missed Lew and Squid and everybody else at the launch but found them out on the water.

Lew & Squid

gallery_17_108_31163.jpg

Rizzo (Roger)

gallery_17_108_65750.jpg

We trolled every colour and type of musky lure we had, even Roy's homemade jake type lures, and those girls were just not in a cooperative mood :dunno:

gallery_17_108_44640.jpg

We finally got off the water about 3:30 or 4:00 p.m. and Lew and Squid were just heading back out again. We needed to get our land legs back and then it strarted to get dark so we decided to just meet everyone at The Lazy Lizard.

We met a few people from the Niagara message board there and chatted and then Lew and Squid came and we sat down for a few chicken wings. Paul looks like he's telling another yarn about the one that got away :lol:

gallery_17_108_16678.jpg

We must have missed Uncle Buck and Fang somewhere along the line, but maybe next time we'll meet up.

All in all it was a beauty day to be on the water and its the first time we were on the Upper so it was a good day to learn depths etc. for the next time should the weather not be so cooperative.

Paul and I had a great time chatting with you Lew and Peter. Maybe next time we'll get those girls eh!!

Cheers.

Joey

Too bad about the skunk but it looked like another beautiful day to be out on the water.

Yeah, the fog was really something in the am, I had something in St. Catharines and was going through the same thing, lots of 'pea soup' and then suddenly bright blue skies...

Mike

Joey - in the first picture you are going over the "Garden City Skyway " - thou I think it has a new name now. The water below is the Welland Canal.

Sorry to hear you guys didn't fair to well but at least it was a great day to be out on the water. I was gonna try to go to the G2G, being from St. Catharines, but the walleyes in Quinte were calling out to me.

Great post and nice pictures

Don

thanks for the picks Joey/Tybo. What was it you were yelling to me as you guys trolled past?? We fished everywhere from the roundhouse down to Netherby Rd casting, trolling, jigging and didn't have a sniff all day. Water was around 47 degrees. I fished the upper the week before as well, got skunked then too, water was also 47 degrees. Man I hate 47. Unfortunately I couldn't stick around for the swill, but it was nice seeing a few people again