IBP parking cost

fisher

Penetang is $19 for locals.. $23 for out of town (Full season $113 and $153). Still working on #1 son (councillor / chair of finance committee) to turn back the hands of time and make it free for everyone.. especially considering I paid for that fancy cement ramp with one years property tax on the plant's property.

Would you appreciate paying $25 for the privilege of parking your car to fish the Niagara?

Most public ramps, like those on the Niagara, down my way are free. Private ramps are private. I do know that the local clubs are happy to participate and fund stocking in our area.

I know that NOTL instituted a permit system for resident only angling on public lands, and I am one of many who have since boycotted that town. Won't be caught spending a dime in the new basspro either, as I would then be supporting an NOTL business.

If I wanna fish the northern shore of Lake O I pay to park/launch, what's the difference?

Bill, name a ramp that charges $25 to launch on Lake O.

I know you love to play devils advocate, but let me know about that one.

I know Simcoe is one of the heaviest stocked lakes...from lakers to muskie....

How is it that we all pay to stock, but locals can launch for free....ridiculous if you ask me.

So people are getting in an uproar over $25, but wouldn't over $15? Come on man. What do you think it costs me to launch/park at Whiby, Humber, Credit?

Residents of Barrie launch for free in Barrie, I still gotta pay if I wanna launch out of Innisfil or any of the launches on the north shore of Kemp. I hate paying for launching as well, don't get me wrong but the complaining about this is over the top.

Edited by BillM

I think it has more to do with neighbours to the park fed up with cityiots leaving a mess and parking where ever they damn well please.... Innisfil has to make the money up somewhere to pay for the clean up and to shut people up...

I have parked in the winter... Never in the summer and the place is a zoo full of slobs.

G

^^^BINGO^^^

Why do my tax dollars have to go to stock all the lakes in sounthern On when I never fish them...I'm getting ripped off...I think they should put all your launch and parking fees up to $100.00..that way you pay for what the fish actually cost.

Please sir can i have some more.

Fishing used to be cheap to do. Paying to launch on simcoe sucks. Many times the weather gets bad and you only get a couple hours in. $25 on top of gas so your looking at $75 min to go out.

I don't think anyone would be angry if it was a reasonable cost to EVERYONE. I should think Then the operators of the ramp should easily be able to afford to maintain the property. I really don't get the "free for locals" deal. You use the ramp you should pay for it. I much rather pay a fee for a quality ramp than launch at someplace sketchy for free. why I should pay for other people to use it is beyond me.

-AA

Simcoe sucks anyways. Why anyone would pay $25 to launch there is beyond me. Why not spend that money and drive a little further to a nice lake without the crowds, and wingnuts. Charging $25 to launch a boat is highway robbery. I mean really, now can they justify that?

S.

Label me all ya want....do you really think I care? LOL...I couldnt care less!!

Simcoe is a crazy busy lake year round. Every time I go there I run into scumbags, ignorance, etc. It would have to be the last lake in the world for me to pay $25 to put my boat in. If it werent for the perch, i'd never lay eyes on it!

S.

If I wanna fish the northern shore of Lake O I pay to park/launch, what's the difference?

Along the west shore of Lake Ontario outsiders and residents pay the same .At St Kitts that's $12 a day.

There is also a huge difference between public and private facilities. If a private facility offers a price break to it's members so be it.

And before we get on the subject of taxpayer burden, just remember that many of the public launches , facilities, and waterfront renewals were built, in large part, with provincial and federal funds. I contracted on many of those projects.