Gas prices

BassMan11

You can't keep taking and taking when most people are lucky now to even get a raise.

I caught a bit on the news this morning about some study suggesting that Toronto City councilors should get a huge raise....I think they said $13,000....to bring them up to where they should be.

Unfortunately I wasn't paying attention till it was too late.

I caught a bit on the news this morning about some study suggesting that Toronto City councilors should get a huge raise....I think they said $13,000....to bring them up to where they should be.

Unfortunately I wasn't paying attention till it was too late.

Well that is very nice isn't it Lew ?.And we all know where that money came from? .

A little off topic from gas prices but in the same theme

Parenting is more career coaching now more than ever---when my kids were off to post secondary---I always stressed----find the job demand first and fit your studies accordingly

They still will be saddled with education debts unfortunately

I believe schooling is a for profit biz like anything else

And the wife and I----we get to go another 2 years for our OAS---fell right into our age bracket

I can tell ya it`s not too bright for a 57 year old who found himself without a job after 35 years with the same company!!!

Plenty of those situations in this area. I haven't had a raise in 5-6 years and there is just no other employer to move to for an increase. They just aren't interested in 56 year olds like you said. I however, still have a job and should look at it as being fortunate. I feel for you, it's not something any of us ever expected to go through after being with the same co. for 35 years.

Going back to the original post. I am needing a newer vehicle soon and was hoping to go with a 4x4 of some kind. Guess I'll be sticking with a 2wd Ranger. I just don't know how I would be able to afford the gas for one of the larger trucks, while commuting daily. My wife wants me to get rid of the small truck I have; says it's too expensive on gas compared to her Echo. I'm fighting her tooth and nails!

And the more fuel efficient vehicles become----prices continue to skyrocket to maintain their margins

My last truck got half the mileage my newer one does (literally)

And prices have doubled from when my last one was new (literally)

So I guess for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction

You are right on with that bushart. The same thing happened with hydro. The more people conserved the faster the prices increased. It's always about the bottom line.

Same for the water as well in Durham Region.

A report going to Regional Council on Dec. 12 noted declining water use by residents and large businesses means less revenue is collected and needs to be made up by increased rates.

"Reduced net consumption results in reduced user rate revenue, which must be recovered through user rate increase," the report stated.

http://www.durhamregion.com/news-story/3509973-durham-increasing-water-sewer-rates-in-2013/

We just can't win, plan and simple with any commodity.

Edited by fishnsled

Thanks for the reply fish farmer. I agree 100%.

I am a father of 2 young kids, wife works, and at the end of every month we are very lucky to have $300 to put towards car repairs, house maintenance, retirement, saving for a down payment on a newer car, furnace problems, etc. It won't take much for us to start operating in the 'red'.

I am down to driving a 1.6 L 4 cyl car, and paddling a canoe, oh, and a 14 ft alm with electric motor. There is no money for fun, or toys anymore.

We supposedly make ok money, but I too fear for my children's well being when they are faced with finding a good job or career in 15 to 20 years.

As I sit here and type this I'm heating my house with scavenged firewood, and a 2 watt LED bulb.

lol, let the good times roll !!!

Entropy

Edited by Entropy

whine it up folks and clip and quote articles cause like thats gonna help. Lets move our asses already. We will be too broke to fight back soon enough. What are we gonna do then :dunno: ? Oh ya, cut and paste more article links and whine a little more I bet. Great plan :good: . Or you can just whine about my comment as usual.

whine it up folks and clip and quote articles cause like thats gonna help. Lets move our asses already. We will be too broke to fight back soon enough. What are we gonna do then :dunno: ? Oh ya, cut and paste more article links and whine a little more I bet. Great plan :good: . Or you can just whine about my comment as usual.

You sound like you have a plan. We are all ears.

Gas buddy.com taint workin---I need to tank up before long wkd prices skyrocket

Last week our prices jumped overnight from $1.19 to $1.27 and I was out this morning and see it's now up to $1.32 so it's easy to see their setting us up for the long weekend gouging.

Last week our prices jumped overnight from $1.19 to $1.27 and I was out this morning and see it's now up to $1.32 so it's easy to see their setting us up for the long weekend gouging.

Friggen wild eh? I filled up a few days ago....cost me $60. Filled last night....$78.

Why do we allow this to happen? All I can do is bang my head.

S.