grand river flooding

Raf

Lady Grand breached her banks here in town (Grand Valley) today. I suspect they'll be closing 25 shortly as there's already water over the road and it's just rising.

Hopefully Belwood / Shand Dam can handle all the water to avoid flooding down below

Edited by Raf

The Grand in Brantford has remained surprisingly low considering how much snow there was around here. Some area's are a bit flooded, but I have seen it much higher during the summer months after heavy rainfall.

Let's hope it stays that way.

this was in town this wknd

gvflood1.jpg

gvflood2.jpg

gvflood3.jpg

i know west montrose was flooded pretty bad this wknd too.

the grca is saying their reservoirs are at capacity now so they have no choice but to open them up.. possibly affecting those downstreams of the dams.

there's still a bit of snow pack left up here and likely more up at dundalk area so while the bulk of the melt is done, it's not over yet. the rains this wknd really did not help matters and they're calling for 5 cms of snow tomorrow plus 10mm of rain overnight.

Edited by Raf

The mayor of Belleville has declared a state of emergency because of rising water levels on the banks of the Moira River.

Yup we are in bad shape here, there is a ton of snow still in the bush... things are not going to settle down for some time...

G

Just had a flood warning issued for rice lake too.

Its coming folks. If you have property on the kawartha's, get ready. The water is gonna rise a lot over the next couple weeks, and I honestly don't have any faith in the guys controlling it all.

S.

Belwood lake is full so the outflow will now match the inflow. Lookout brantford and dunnnville. The kitty cats might be swimming up main street.

Dan o.

Lets hope not, but the Grand she is a pumping full bore now below the dam!! Here is hoping for limited precipitation!!