what places on the net do you buy tackle from

skinny

I have only bought salmon tackle online and that was fltackle for spoons and a-tom-ik for trolling flies.

Im happy with both experiances

Edit. I did buy something from bp online but only cause they didnt carry it at the vaughn store.

Edited by Gallie

I bought a few things from American Legacy last year when they had free shipping on all orders - and they had some really great specials. But now they only offer the free shipping on orders over $200. Still good, but I haven't seen anything spectacular lately to pull the trigger on.

Cabela's. Lots of purchases, never a problem. Excellent service. Small brokerage fee, never hit with duty fees.

Bass Pro. A few purchases. Average service. I didn't like it at first, I was getting hammered with duty fees on everything. But the last two times I've ordered when they were offering free shipping and I paid no duty fees. (for whatever reason)

Rollie and Helens Musky Shop. Good service, not all items always in stock, which I understand for a smaller retailer. Used to pay duty fees and taxes but I didn't mind because they carry stuff that's hard to find in Canada. No duty fees or taxes the last couple of times.

Musky Tackle Online. Excellent service. No duty fees yet.

Joe's Sporting Goods in Minnesota. Good service. Only bought a reel there once. I may have had it shipped to my sister in the USA.

St. Clair Hound Bucktails. A Canadian lure. Excellent service.

Lil' Hustler Lure Tackle Company. Excellent service, but only ships to US address.

Drifter Tackle. Only one purchase. Excellent service.

Good luck, have fun. I make no promise re; duty or taxes. Andy

Edited by Andy

Lucky Strike and Mooshine for bulk spoons.

Panther Martin for bulk spinners.

Hareline-Dubbin for all fly tying supplies. You can get a wholesale account with them if you are tying professionally.

Northwoods Wholeoutlet (Michigan) -- these guys are great. They recently saved me $30 per reel on a 6-pack of $87 MSRP reels. Lower than anyother place I have found. If you call them and get a quote you get it much cheaper than the price they show in their online catalog. Good old fashion sporting goods supplier.

FishUSA (Ohio) for all the small miscellaneous items

eBay when the price, with shipping, is favorable.

I avoid CABELAS -- high priced, but I do occasionally by some rods from them because they offered a lifetime warranty (and do stand behind the warranties, no questions asked).

Unless I missed something, I'm surprised that no one mentioned Tackle Warehouse! I normally try to support as many local retailers as possible but occasionally you just can't find what you need in stock anywhere. I used them last fall for the first time and was impressed with the speed of the order delivery(2 days) and that there was no duties/taxes/brokerage fees when it arrived.

I forgot to mention I purchase bulk worms from Powerteamlures.com I stared using their sick sticks last year for wacky working and haven't looked back. I plan in tryin their finicky ticklers this year as well.

And supporting local is important to me. 90% of my tackle comes from 1 shop in Winchester. You will know the place if you know the area...

Edited by Lape0019

I forgot to mention I purchase bulk worms from Powerteamlures.com I stared using their sick sticks last year for wacky working and haven't looked back. I plan in tryin their finicky ticklers this year as well.

And supporting local is important to me. 90% of my tackle comes from 1 shop in Winchester. You will know the place if you know the area...

Also amazon has been great to me... Me and my brother just bought $200 off that site... Couldn't find the baits anywhere else online....

Really? I always see them asking $20 for a rapala. I haven't had luck there, Amazon.ca that is. I'll have to check again.