What to do and who to call??

snackpack5150

Hello fellow members, I live in Eastern Ontario (amongst the trees and near the water),1.5 hrs north of Kingston. Here is my concern since I am off the beaten path and only a handful of people live around here in the winter full time someone is cutting down trees on Crown land. I have a feeling I know who it is but here is my question? Who would you advise/recommend I call to raise this issue. I would like to go and punch the guys lights out and take his chainsaw away but that kind of HURT would only last a few days and probably get me in more trouble than I need.

Open for sugguestions

Thanks

Call MNR. To the best of my knowledge they are the only ones that can issue permits to cut trees on Crown Land. I know that when I lived in French River we had to go to the MNR office every year to get a permit to cut fire wood on Crown land and they were very specific about what we could cut and how much.

Are you sure it's just a homeowner looking for some firewood and not a small logging operator harvesting trees?

That said, I can't help but wonder about someone who would even think about stealing property and assaulting someone simply because they were harvesting trees on crown land. Are you related to the crazy lady from Toronto who was on the news the other day bawling her eyes out because the city was forced to remove ash borer infested trees from a park? :D

The MNR will have all the answers for you. ;)

Hello fellow members, I live in Eastern Ontario (amongst the trees and near the water),1.5 hrs north of Kingston. Here is my concern since I am off the beaten path and only a handful of people live around here in the winter full time someone is cutting down trees on Crown land. I have a feeling I know who it is but here is my question? Who would you advise/recommend I call to raise this issue. I would like to go and punch the guys lights out and take his chainsaw away but that kind of HURT would only last a few days and probably get me in more trouble than I need.

Open for sugguestions

Thanks

As said, suggest you check-in with your local OMNR office and give a heads up to any conservation authority in your district

Understand your immediate feelings here--but avoid the HURT maybe

Don't put your life on the line dude :)

Chain saws and confrontation issues seldom work out well in my limited experience

Let us know how you make out here SP5150-interesting thread

Best. of the day to you

Paul

Turn a blind eye !!

Maybe the guy can't afford to heat his home and this is the only way to survive the winter?

Just another way to look at it.

If he is cutting dead trees I would not worry about it. He probably has run out of fire wood this cold winter.

Best. of the day to you

Paul

:canadian: