Our poor husky

manitoubass2

After 14 strong years, she is getting put down. She fought hard this winter and i was so proud of her, but age has just taken its toll on her old legs:( not looking forward to this one bit. She's an amazing pup, and such a huge part of the family. Ughh, just had to vent a lil

Edited by manitoubass2

Sorry to hear.

I take that it was great with kids?

she sure is. No bullies messing with our kids. She's super loyal to our family. She clings to my 3 year old daughter with that look on her face" this is my girl, you don't wanna find out what happens if you hurt her".

It is hurtful to have to do, but better than letting your friend suffer. My Lucky was 17 when we decided to put her down. She was a wonderful friend, but her health was failing and she was suffering. I still think about her and our other dogs often. Better to think of the wonderful 14 years you had together.

You have my heartfelt sympathies.

It is hurtful to have to do, but better than letting your friend suffer. My Lucky was 17 when we decided to put her down. She was a wonderful friend, but her health was failing and she was suffering. I still think about her and our other dogs often. Better to think of the wonderful 14 years you had together.

You have my heartfelt sympathies.

yeah i followed that thread, as well as many others here going though the same thing. Always heartbreaking. To me, its hard to lose that part of the family because much like children, our dogs are just so pure. Nothing but love and companionship, protection and fun. When all is said in done, she'll be burried at our favorite spot on the river. Where she ate plenty of fish, protected us from wolves, and swam during the hot summer days. I really wanna get a few more pics with her, but can't hold back the tears

I have 2 pups of my own, 6 year old Beagle/Collie and a 4 year old Cockapoo. They are a huge part of our family. Brings a tear to my eye just imagining what you are going through. Stay strong, deepest sympathies from my family to yours.

You post as many pictures as you want!

I have been through it more times than I care to remember, just try to remember that while this is very hard on you it is the kindest thing you can do for your beloved friend!

My heart goes out to you!

last month my jack russel 14 years of WELL should I say entertainment..

he,s resting in my backyard. the city says you cant intern them on your property. oh well.

like cliff said I also have gone down the road to say farewell to quite a few furry friends.

its a bummer.