First test run of the "Cat Sled"!

NAW

My buddie built this last year, but we never had a chance to test it out. Ran from Alcona over the snake, then fox, then white shoal. The "cat" sled worked great!

Must have raised 30 fish... No takers. Had a few up to 50' in 105' of water, still wouldn't bite..

Anyone else having the same problem this year?

image_zpsb5000af8.jpg

image_zpsed70f8e1.jpg

image_zpsa468dfd2.jpg

Got home, and received a call from my sister to go GT'ing at a hill down the road. So I took my sun out on the hill for his first time ever. He loved it!

image_zpseddd662b.jpg

Love the sleigh! Nice sled too, is that a Panther?

I'd have to have a lot of trust in the driver to be hanging off the back like that haha

ZL550. Aniversary Addition, so it has a cool paintjob. Runs like a top too.

I trust the driver with my life. He's basically my dad...Might as well be. We never took it over 20km/hr.

Problem with chasers? Yeah, it's an epidemic this year. Crappy day out on the ice. Ah well, weather wasn't too bad until it got a bit windy.

We had some of the most aggressive chases too. The lines on the finder where almost straight up. But most would back off at 15'.

Ya i had about 20+ chasers today, 3 commited. Iced one fish, second popped it off on top of the ice and third was a miss on the hookset. Nice setup tho! Is that a ZL?

Atleast you got one up the top side!

That sure is a nice setup.would of been frustrating with all the chasing and no commitments

If we stuck it out longer, I think we would have landed one. That was the frusterating part! I had to leave early....

Thats a cool set up Nick. I like the soft seat,hand warmers,and wind blocker Im behind.LOL

Lots of chasers today,only one hook up.

No herring where we were today.

Im sure where Im going in the AM ,they will be.. :ninja:

That was test run 1... Run two, will have some sort of hand warmer/shield. Maybe some other upgrades!

The sleigh was designed for back lake trout adventures. It was a little rough on the choppy stuff.

I'm going to piece together the tail light my oldman busted and see if I can get the sled out tomorrow.

It's great conditions for a sled out there right now.

Nice sled. Ice is the best I've seen in a long time. 3 of us were out from BBP today and ran into a lot of inspectors and not one chased. Action this season has been sporadic at best. They'll turn on eventually. Will any of us be there when they do? Hehehehe.

Edited by moxie

Beauty machine and nice sled set up. We built a sled a few years back. To reduce total weight we used a few of those plastic tote containers from Wally World. Then learned to put a few straps on the lids attached to the box as they have a tendency to blow away, a long way away.

Kid's getting big too.

Fishing here at Long Point Bay is hit and miss. Also some hazardous holes where machines and huts have gone through out there not marked if anyone venturing out.

Be careful anywhere.

Action this season has been sporadic at best. They'll turn on eventually. Will any of us be there when they do? Hehehehe.

Man, i sure hope so!

3 years ago I caught 30+ whities

2 years ago (with the crapy ice) I caugh zero

1 year ago I caught 1.

This year, been skunked so far.. Infact, livinisfishin is the only one from our crew that's got whitie slim on his hands this year...