Anyone have an old, unusable Eskimo shelter for parts?

Rod Caster

Hey, I still haven't found a Canadian supplier for a replacement hub (where the poles meet) and I'm too cheap to order from the US and pay double just to cover shipping costs.

Maybe, just maybe, someone here has an old unit that would sell me the hub and maybe spare poles for cheap??

It's an Eskimo 2, bought 2 years ago. Same one still available at Can Tire.

Thanksssssss

Edited by Rod Caster

If CT is still selling the exact model, why not purchase a new one & repack the defective one for return the following week? If they offer a replacement, tell them you were on a remote excursion & had to purchase a replacement from another retailer. Worst case scenario is an in store credit. I do it all the time @ CT when purchases are out of warranty. Did the same with a CTek charger just a couple of months ago.

If CT is still selling the exact model, why not purchase a new one & repack the defective one for return the following week? If they offer a replacement, tell them you were on a remote excursion & had to purchase a replacement from another retailer. Worst case scenario is an in store credit. I do it all the time @ CT when purchases are out of warranty. Did the same with a CTek charger just a couple of months ago.

I could try that... maybe

Interested on how you broke the pole?

The wife was testing her karate punch during the take-down.

May you can get her to focus on tenderizing some bad steak instead.. :lol:

Ha!

When I tell the story about how it broke, I exagerate and tell people she lined it up and just crushed it...hahaha. She hates that story.

if you're gonna try the crappy tire scam, why not just tell ardisam you bought it this year and lost the receipt? they are pretty good in the customer service dept, they actually shipped express for me

Might try that too...I'll first see if anyone comes through with a spare part.

Just my opinion but if you broke it and its not replaceable or under warranty, be honest. You were on the right route asking members for replacement parts. It might take time but im sure someone will come through and youll have it fixed honestly. Just my two cents, not judging anyone.

If you want you can ship it to my USA address and I'll bring it across and ship it to you... You'd just have to paypal me $XX to cover shipping from Cornwall to your place....

I go to the states every 1-2 weeks anyways...

Shoot me a PM if your interested....

Thanks Mike! I'll do this if I end up ordering directly from Ardisam. Canada post shipping on this part would cost very little. I'll let you know soon.

If it is the bracket that the poles attach to any welding / fabricating shop can make you one. If you lived nearby, I could weld one for you.

that's a good idea... and it just happens I need a couple other things welded.

Makes me wish I had one of those 3D printers, I could print one up myself.

Very snakey. Go the honest route I say.

• 3 weeks later...