Dean blundell show cancelled NF

leaf4

Can't say I'm surprised!

http://m.thestar.com/#!/gta/redirect/f886e2702dab9b1578579d38bc8c01b6

also I'm pretty excited to hear what Todd has to say.

http://www.torontomike.com/2014/01/dean_blundell_show_cancelled.html

if you read the last paragraph of the article referring to the shows cancellation it says he'll be in a tell all interview, hopefully it's a juicy one! haha.

Edited by leaf4

I did enjoy the back and forth between dean and Todd as childish as it sometimes could be it was at least entertaining, but without Todd they had to try extra hard he was the ying to the yang and without him it wasn't the same

Humble and Fred yes. They were probably living on borrowed time and the stupidity of Derek mocking the sex assault trial that he was foreman of was the perfect excuse to can these idiots. Imo, Derek should have been punished severely for that. *The Edge* lost it's edge years ago…Give me Q107 or CBC any day ;)

Humble and Fred yes. They were probably living on borrowed time and the stupidity of Derek mocking the sex assault trial that he was foreman of was the perfect excuse to can these idiots. Imo, Derek should have been punished severely for that. *The Edge* lost it's edge years agoGive me Q107 or CBC any day ;)

I used to be long time listener back in 102.1 cfny days. 4 years ago I turned onto CBC radio 2 for morning and afternoon drives and haven't looked back.

I'm glad and I wish this has happened sooner, Dean was sexist, racist and homophobic.

Despite the fact that he claimed he was all for gay rights he would often comment on new reports or stories with "If you ______ then you're gay." In an derogatory tone.

After Jason Barr left I started listening to him and Chris Biggs on 97.7. Their self depreciation humor is much more enjoyable.

After Jason Barr left I started listening to him and Chris Biggs on 97.7. Their self depreciation humor is much more enjoyable.

I would bounce from 97.7 to 102.1 all the time BUT I too left listening to 102.1 when the B&B show started @ 97.7. I don't get the station anymore in the truck But the second I'm sitting at the PC I'm streaming the station.

I would bounce from 97.7 to 102.1 all the time BUT I too left listening to 102.1 when the B&B show started @ 97.7. I don't get the station anymore in the truck But the second I'm sitting at the PC I'm streaming the station.

Yep, I stream at work too. :D

Been listening to CFNY since the "Spirit Of Radio" days back in the late 70's. :good: :good:

The Late 70's through the 80's were definitely the best. IMHO

I admit I miss the show mainly for the 'what happened' and the awkward male/female questions segments.

Now I bounce between 97.7 and 107.9 for the morning shows. Jason Barr was the best part of the Blundell show, and Todd second. Don't get me wrong Dean had his moments, but he was such a hypocrite it actually made me mad at times.

Oh, and the music on the Edge sucks hard; minus a few gems

totally agree with the music being in the wrong direction, it's supposed to be new rock, it's practically a dance station!

also instant answer question time is hilarious some days, you just text 977977 and they'll read the question on the air but mainly they answer the questions pertaining to themselves so I usually just make fun of them and they end up reading it, or come up with a complete fabrication of a funny stir and they like those too haha

94.9 in Durham now has Joe Cahill I understand formerly from 97.7. He's a good sports guy IMO. Even if I can tune into 102.1 I WON'T because of the music now played. Rather listen to 99.9 or something like it than 102.1. 97.7 is the best station I have found for the past 20+ years by far. 94.9 is a close second.

94.9 also has the Marsden Theatre on Saturday and Sunday nights. For those, like myself, who enjoyed "The Spirit of Radio" back in the day listening to David Marsden on 94.9 is a trip down memory lane with lots of great music and the usual Marsden banter. Shows are recorded and available for download.