Cdn Tire went over and above...

Beans

that's sweet! I don't think many crappy tire owners would do that, since the age of 16 my sister has worked at the one on upper james full time / part time around her school schedules and every year their Christmas party is cash bar. kinda sad considering she says a slow day for them is 10-15k lol and the top end of a busy day is 65k+

Thanks Norm. Great story. The store manager did his job and then some. Kinda sad for the dude to hear of his employer being referred to as "crappy" but he sounds like the type who could rise above that stuff. Merry Christmas to you Mr. Rattray, and thank you.

The Upper James store has never left me with a warm feeling. Even when they were beside the Pioneer!

A very long time ago.

But kudos to the Store in this story. His profits will be enhanced by his thoughtfulness in a time of panic for those 50 people that needed the generators.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Kudos to the manager !!!! That was awesome I myself have had lots of experiences at Canadian tire and find that many times they will go the extra mile to help you !!!! I shop there all the time and I have had to take bak some expensive items before and never had an issue !!!!! In fact I was just there Saturday trying to find a spark plug for my snowblower and they didn't have it but the guy at the parts counter tried and did find a cross reference number and a different make of plug and spent 10mins doing it while he was supposed to be going on break but he said to the other guy there he would finish with me before he would go on break !!!! And yes he even went in the back and came out with the spark plug !!!!! All is good Canadian tire keep up the great work !!!!! just one reason I always keep going back !!!!

CTC IS a great company and things like that go way more than a 'mile'. News does travel fast, good news not as fast as bad news BUT it still goes around for others to hear about it.

The MGR (Brian Rattray) who decided to do this is one VERY thoughtful person to put the rest of his day/night (personal free time) aside and help others when he didn't have to. After all, the people already paid for the product so he could have said something like come back tomorrow but he didn't. Stellar move! I hope he get's what he wants for Christmas!!

This a great tale of an emphatic franchise manager. It has nothing to do with the CTC corporation, make no mistake.

However I couldn't possibly convey enough respect for said franchise manager. Definitely a class act.