Canada approves production of GM salmon eggs on commercial scale

tb4me

Ya here we go again...Hopefully this time we can stay civil..
Mods feel free to delete if you wish I just thought other members here should know about this..

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2013/nov/25/canada-genetically-modified-salmon-commercial?CMP=twt_gu

Edited by tb4me

Interesting read. People all over the world could use the food as long as it doesn't destroy the natural food chain in the lakes and oceans. Me, I would rather get my salmon myself or from the store from BC suppliers.

My thoughts are NOT for sale and consumption in Canada. If you could make the worlds best bacon and sell it all over the globe and it costs less to make then why not. I know the world doesn't all eat BACON but that's not MY fault. ;) Just an example. Oh the mystery animal that makes bacon, ribs, back bacon and so many other good eats... what are you!?!?!?!

Now back to regular GM fishing talk...

Mother nature will be just fine with this after all she has been changing and evolving since time began. I look at it this way evolution of science has shown that things change and in most cases it is an improvement. A wicker basket has turned into a 5 gallon bucket, the wheel into transportation and the list goes on. Fighting scientific evolution is to expend energy that has a very low return.

Art

We need to stop interfering with nature. I can understand fish lifting,hatcheries,but this is taking a wrong turn.

Couldnt agree more with this statement..Its starts with our food and world wide seed control now this. I have a feeling whats next but I wont go there...

When I see veggies that look like they should be in a floral arangment and chicken and turkey that look like they are jacked up on steriods,Im thinking what the hell happen to the orange carrots and red tomatoes we once knew to be true.

chicken breast is brutal where i live. Its twice as thick as it should be and its all full of knots. Friggen gross