Lets see those winter projects.

Freshtrax

I don't have any pics... But I'll be revamping the lighting in my kitchen this winter.

Which will envolve tearing out a big chunk of my ceiling.

Not looking foward to it. But the end result will be worth it!

I bought this 50 Chevy Styleline Deluxe about 2 years ago. Did what I had to the first winter,so I could drive it that coming summer. The in-line 6 just didn't cut it; so last winter I swapped it out for a V8 Vortec 4.8Lt, out of a 99 Silverado.

Sure did wake up the old girl going from 92hp to an approx 285hp, fuel injected computer controlled.

This winter I'm planing on a disk brake conversion for the front and possibly adding air conditioning.

Once I get as far as I want on the mechanical; I'll start on the cosmetics.

Dan

Copy (2) of IMG_0095.jpg

IMG_0103.jpg

I wanted to open a 60" X 40" section of wall between the den & living room and planned it as a winter project, but got ambitious awhile back and did it early.

Does that still count ?? :lol:

Before

003-8.jpg

006-13.jpg

During

010-4.jpg

After

002-24.jpg

004-21.jpg

Many irons in the fire.

First up is replacing a flywheel in a recently acquired 2007 Buick Allure to replace her aging Caravan.

Next is to fix up a vehicle for my daughter, a couple to choose from, depending on what she wants.

Then it's going to be something I want to play with, a 1950 Farmall Super "A".
This project had a little bit of a headstart last winter.

Repaired and painted the fuel tank, straighted out a lot of dents in the grill and engine cover, removed rust and painted a few sections.

Still a long way to go. Found an original type decal set too.
Dunno why I am doing this, really don't need a tractor. But it's been in the family longr than I have been around.
Still runs great.

P1040261-1_zps049e40f3.jpg

38 ford , I picked up the cab and box about a month ago, the fame is fabricated.

Thats a project and a half Andrew.

I have the first bung made for the wishbone.Was just making the final cut on the second and the cutter exploded. Damaged goods. :wallbash: Hope to have the second done by friday bud.

Me, a new to me house in Lindsay. I have already pulled the ceiling down and the bulkhead in one room of the basement. It's going from 40 year old looking room to a... duno yet. HA. Its a big room but it's more for the kids to play in and do whatever rather then get the rest of the house a mess. I may even set up my son's race track in there and all my old sports stuff.

Hi Guys;

Three years ago I built myself an ultra-light spinning rod for Trout and Crappie fishing. I used a Fuji reel seat which, as you can see, has to use a special grip with an inlet cut to fit the seat. The cork wraps around the reel seat and cushions your hand.
006-4.jpg
This week the wind was blowing the sand around down here.
So hard to cast and not too nice outside...
Since I was stuck around the house, I decided to rework my old rod.
The facelift included a split grip with a tiger wrap and the oversize fighting butt I build for my personal rods.
Hopefully this would give the rod a more modern look.
The tiger wraps are black and silver and look pretty good with the original grey thread.
008_zps00df5c89.jpg
bce2ac9e-7dd9-47e7-9b5e-8742533c7999_zps
Garry2R's

Thats a project and a half Andrew.

I have the first bung made for the wishbone.Was just making the final cut on the second and the cutter exploded. Damaged goods. :wallbash: Hope to have the second done by friday bud.

No hurry man , when there done there done. I really appreciate you making them for me.

Bernie I love that old tractor. We have a 40' s massy Harris that I only use to spread manure once a year. ( big tractor would be way too much power for my old crap chucker) and the thing always fires right up. It amazes me every time.

So here is what I have started in 1/2 the basement.

The big half that is the 'games room' I pulled the ceiling and going to pull the wood on the drywall walls.185607_zps09dfcc5c.jpg.html]

20131110_185544_zpsa275c6c6.jpg20131110_185607_zps09dfcc5c.jpg[/url]

20131110_185544_zpsa275c6c6.jpg

Edited by GBW

And here is my latest winter project.

PB240137_zps841111a7.jpg

PB240138_zpsdb82b67e.jpg

I'm also going to be working on my cabin lot removing trees and cutting trail as well as putting my dock together.

Started on the dock part on Saturday by removing a one year old 14'X16' pressure treated deck from a house that is slated to be knocked down shortly.

Spent 5 hours dismantling and hauling it home. Will wait for late winter to assemble and haul to the site just before ice out.

Got to like free stuff (too bad the floats and hardware won't be). ;)

PB240136_zps6643d0b8.jpg

When the go ahead is given to knock the house down I have access to the rear door (a new steel insulated one) and the electrical panel as well as some other goodies.

It will be nice to have a good door with no $$$ spent. :D

Yesterdays project.

A fellow dropped this old saw off on Friday. He found it in the dump. Thought I could use it for parts for my other one.

I cleaned it up, fixed the rewind. It had compression and spark so I continued to clean the carb, adjust the linkage, fuel tank and spark plug.

It fired right up and ran great :)

Looked like this after.

P1040479.jpg

So happy I cleaned it up some more.

P1040482.jpg