best place to buy tires? (NF)

Lunatic

Cross border

Yep. Buy the tires on Tirerack where they have each tire reviewed and rated and is by far the best website when you're tire shopping. Then have them shipped to an installer (they accept and hold the tires for free until you arrive) just across the border and drive down to have them installed. We used and were very happy with Pep Boys.

Even on the little tires for the corolla we saved a few hundred dollars. The total US price with tires, installation, gas, lunch, dinner, a few bags of groceries and a couple cases of beer included was lower than just the tires alone in Ontario. Hard to keep my money in Canada when I can go to the US and get the exact same product and all that food and beer for less.

Go to the "survey" section to see ratings for each tire available in your size.

http://www . tirerack.com/tires/TireSearchResults.jsp?filtering=true&width=235/&ratio=50&diameter=18&wtpackage=false

Canadian Tire always seems to have a 4 tires for the price of 3 deal going. The deal seems to be on-going, but the specific tires that it is offered on change from week to week. If you can afford to wait a bit, then I would just keep checking with Canadian Tire until the have a 4 for 3 deal on one of the tires that will suit your needs.

Tirerack or Costco are the cheapest. I had Tirerack ship to my front door (in Canada) and even with duty and shipping came out a few hundred bucks ahead of what i would have had to pay here. If you go over the border to get your tires installed it will be even cheaper.

Tirerack or Costco are the cheapest. I had Tirerack ship to my front door (in Canada) and even with duty and shipping came out a few hundred bucks ahead of what i would have had to pay here. If you go over the border to get your tires installed it will be even cheaper.

i agree just did the same thing myself

Brand name tires over 17" are usually considerably cheaper by ordering from the U.S if you can go across you save even more by ordering the tires shipped to one of their recommended installers. Be sure and take advantage of the rebates currently being offered by most manufacturers.

Redflagdeals.com will have current listings of sales on tires, and anything else on sale in Canada or the US, just use the search function on the website.

tiretrends.com have a canadian division

tirerack.com as mentioned usually is more than competitive with anyone else

Costco.com is cheaper than Costco.ca but you do have to order over the phone and drive across to have them installed but are fully warrantied in Canada with no issues.

1010tires.com another Canadian site.

Im looking to buy new tires for the car,so im shopping around for the best prices.

any suggestions?

my tire size isnt the cheapest (235/50/18)

Are you looking for winter tires?

If so,you can go to a 17",but you need to buy rims.

I have the same size on the Avenger. Going with 18,s for a winter tire was a huge cost.

Saved my rims with the summer tires and bought winters with steel rims.

1200 bux. tax in. I,ll get 2-3 seasons with them.

Dont go cheap.

I would also add,,go directional. Man,what a world of difference.

I deal with Kal Tire. .

I've done best at my local tire shop in St. Marys.

Check out your local shop for a price. Don't forget to include all the extras many places pile on.

Yeah, I got a fair deal on the tires there, but I got murdered on the extras. As in I had to have all four tires resealed at 29.00 bucks each in less than a year. They blamed my aluminum rims. After getting the first tire done there. I went else where and still had to have the one they redid done again at the other shop, I never had a problem once they had been redone at the second shop until I took the tires off 3yrs later...

I was not amused that they wouldn't stand behind their work, but apparently aluminum rims aren't covered the same as steel wheels or some such nonsense.

When I install tires on aluminum rims I take the time to power wire brush the bead area and paint the surface.
This helps prevent corrosion that causes these leaks and also helps to seal the tire to the rim.
I don't get comebacks, even after several years.