Hockey thread 2013 2014 season

muskymatt

Wow this thread is still up and running..I left thurs night to go fishing for the weekend completely expecting to come home to find this locked..I missed both games but I did manage to listen to sat nights game..Sounded like the boys played a good game..Go Leafs go!

I watched the Sens game this afternoon and had high hopes.

I wasn't disappointed as the Sens looked good and didn't let the opposition score for the whole first minute and sixteen seconds of the game!!! :tease::tease::tease:

They would keep up the terrific play for the rest of the game and only let the Sharks score 5 goals. :good::good:

On a more sour note the Sens did manage to score 2 goals. :(

Silly Sens, wins are for Leafs!!!!!! :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

I watched the Sens game this afternoon and had high hopes.

I wasn't disappointed as the Sens looked good and didn't let the opposition score for the whole first minute and sixteen seconds of the game!!! :tease::tease::tease:

They would keep up the terrific play for the rest of the game and only let the Sharks score 5 goals. :good::good:

On a more sour note the Sens did manage to score 2 goals. :(

Silly Sens, wins are for Leafs!!!!!! :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

hahahaha couldn't have said it better myself

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

at least my hounds are doing well!

and after tonight, so are the sabres... 17 picks in the first two rounds (2012-2015)... i can see them being terrible for the next few seasons... but can you say connor mcdavid?

I agree he's got to be more consistent but if he can play like he did against Pittsburgh game in and game out it would be a massive improvement and the way I see Phaneuf right now is still working on his transition from being a bang and smash defender like how he was encouraged to be under Ron Wilson with the whole 'run and gun' mentality that we now see Gardiner trying to shake off and conform to a more defensive minded playing style that Carlyle preaches

ya, it's unfortunate that lindy ruff was fired for a bad team build by regier. BUT, his days are numbered as well.

Agreed on the Lindy point. Hes coming back to town tonite as the Dallas coach, first time back since he was let go. I expect a standing ovation when he comes out to the bench tonite, at least i hope so. He was quite the staple here for a loooooong time. Win or lose, he was a Buffalo guy

Darcy on the other hand....., i believe he was the one who should have fell on the sword.

Reimer is the better goaltender right now.

Yup,he is And he will only get better. If the leafs could just get the shot against down,I think they have the best two goalies in the NHL. At this rate,their going to get shell shock. But they both seem to like getting peppered. Keeps them in the game.

Yup,he is And he will only get better. If the leafs could just get the shot against down,I think they have the best two goalies in the NHL. At this rate,their going to get shell shock. But they both seem to like getting peppered. Keeps them in the game.

As you say keeping them in the game.But all good things will come to a end if there defence doesn't get straightened soon.

I missed Sat nights game, but caught the highlights..Bolland had a huge game. Dion finally woke up and played like he did VS Colorado, but most of all Reimer wow what a game..Some spread right out saves..Oh and where did that glove hand of his come from..That was his weak side last year..Way to go guys..I said it all along that Reimer is indeed the better goalie.. Not at all dissing Bernie but to me he is one heck of an exellent backup golaie..

I missed Sat nights game, but caught the highlights..Bolland had a huge game. Dion finally woke up and played like he did VS Colorado, but most of all Reimer wow what a game..Some spread right out saves..Oh and where did that glove hand of his come from..That was his weak side last year..Way to go guys..I said it all along that Reimer is indeed the better goalie.. Not at all dissing Bernie but to me he is one heck of an exellent backup golaie..

Agreed,but the rate were going with shots against,we will need both !!lol.Have to give the Leafs credit on Sat,it ended up being 38-30 Pits.The third period was sweet!.Could of been there best shot game so far this year,but I could be wrong.

What I don't like about Reimer is that he's a flailer!!!

I hate goalies that look like they're having a seizure when things get intense.

Instead of rolling around on the ice for 5 seconds after you make a stop, get yer butt back up on your skates!!!!

It's pretty simple, go down, get up.

Bernier does this. Goes down and pops back up to his skates.

Flailers don't cover much of the net while they're doing the worm on the ice. :whistling: