Hockey thread 2013 2014 season

muskymatt

I love watching the Leafs when they play out west, almost as many Leafs fans as when they're in Ottawa! :)

LOL good point...Speaking of Ottawa WOW they have been stinking out that city lately.. 8 points back of the boys in blue..Its too bad Matt stepped out of this thread id like to hear what he has to say...lol

I saw the highlights of the last Sens game, I thought they had it for sure until they just gave it away.

Was it as bad as the Leafs in the last playoff game against Boston last spring??

Is Phaneuf worth 50 million over 7 seasons, that seems to be the rumour??

Edited by dave524

Funny,most people I talk to say trade him.Sure he has his moments,but IMO he is worth no where near what the rumour is. We kidded,Kris Letang for Dion lol.That will never happen,but he is a elite defenceman and I don't believe Dion is in the same class.Can't believe 43 shots again last night and won 4-0.I may sound like a broken record,but that type of activity on our goalies can't last much longer. I do hope their looking into this or all hell will break loose soon.IMO.

Edited by davey buoy

As a Leaf fan, they're winning, who cares about everything else. I know that's not the way to look at hockey, but what the heck, we have waited awhile for a start like this.

Dion is not worth 7 mil and especially for 7 years, I sure hope they learned from their past mistakes. He's already slow, what will he be like in 5-7 years. He does log a lot of minutes though.

As a Leaf fan, they're winning, who cares about everything else. I know that's not the way to look at hockey, but what the heck, we have waited awhile for a start like this.

Dion is not worth 7 mil and especially for 7 years, I sure hope they learned from their past mistakes. He's already slow, what will he be like in 5-7 years. He does log a lot of minutes though.

Agreed jimmer,love the standings now,sure this is fun,I love it myself,but to think this will last with the shots against,were kidding ourselves till they address this situation. Believe me I don't want to be a downer,but reality will show up soon.

not really since I already sold it :P But I'll bet you a few flies, what do you have?

Nothing really Chris,just having a bit of fun.But I should really look into buying a few off you though.This fall has been not in my favour so far for the tribs .Hope it changes before the real cold weather gets here.

Reimer's problem is consistency. If he is on he is great if not he gets owned. The leafs defense needs a guy that will play solid game in and game out. Reimer has yet to prove that. I don't think anyone can say for certain who is better but to be honest as much as I like Reimer I would have to say Bernier is the better goalie.

Thats the thing its too early to judge what two relatively unproven goaltenders are going to do long term. We have limited info on both guys accept for what we have seen. Thats all I am basing things on. When I watch Bernier play he looks like a better goalie than Reimer. Thats all. Who knows what 50 games will prove or not prove. My guess though is that if Bernier continues to play solid Riemer will be trade bait when the time comes.