Hockey thread 2013 2014 season

muskymatt

I like Reims, but I think he's ruined as a Leaf. I think he will excel with another team but after Bern got here he changed, lost his confidence, and the coach didn't do him any favours either throwing him under the bus the way he did.

Clearly Carlyle has to go. He runs this team on how he likes his players, not how valuable to the team they are. Kadri, whom is under Carlyes most hated list, played the second least minutes in the game and yet scored the game winner. The kid has talent, but RC hates him. If RC had Gretzky, Lemieux and Crosby as his first line, and he didnt like them personally, theyd ride the pines. He totally ruined Reimer. Hes an idiot and the sooner hes gone the better. Theres a lot of young talent on the Leafs. They are a few years away from being a contender. They need someone to bring the talent that they have to where it should be.

Clearly Carlyle has to go. He runs this team on how he likes his players, not how valuable to the team they are. Kadri, whom is under Carlyes most hated list, played the second least minutes in the game and yet scored the game winner. The kid has talent, but RC hates him. If RC had Gretzky, Lemieux and Crosby as his first line, and he didnt like them personally, theyd ride the pines. He totally ruined Reimer. Hes an idiot and the sooner hes gone the better. Theres a lot of young talent on the Leafs. They are a few years away from being a contender. They need someone to bring the talent that they have to where it should be.

he did this with lupul when coaching Anaheim and now finally realized his error

Look out behind you Laffs. New Jersey has 5 games left against Carolina, Calgary, Ottawa, NY Islanders and Boston. 4 of those teams are below New Jersey in the standings and good chances for a New Jersey win in all four games. That means that the Laffs without Bernier will probably need to run the table in the last four games. Good Luck.

Not that I'm a Carlyle fan or anything, but he isn't the one with the skates on during the games.

Muddler

Toronto's (main) issue is defense. Clearly letting 40+ shots on a regular basis is unacceptable. Even if the goalies stand on their heads and save 90% of the shots they face, they're still gonna give up 3, 4, 5 goals. Can't win like that.

I agree that Carlyle needs to go but I don't think coaching is their biggest issue.

Toronto's (main) issue is defense. Clearly letting 40+ shots on a regular basis is unacceptable. Even if the goalies stand on their heads and save 90% of the shots they face, they're still gonna give up 3, 4, 5 goals. Can't win like that.

I agree that Carlyle needs to go but I don't think coaching is their biggest issue.

That's been their problem all year.Totally agree with you.

40 shots from the boards isn't the same as 40 shots from the top of the circle. Big big difference. D has collapsed, now all these crappy chances are now good chances.

Scoring chances is the stat people should be looking at.

Edited by BillM

Sure it is....ANY shot on net can go in. Doesn't matter where it's from. Just ask Toskala! Lmao

It absolutely matters where it's from, lol. You think a softy from the boards is the same as a boomer from 12ft out? Still counts as a shot on net..

This is why scoring chances makes a lot more sense...

There's clearly less of a chance of it going in....but like I said ANY shot on net can go in. Plus if you're being outshot means your being outplayed, meaning your giving up more scoring chances (typically).

There's clearly less of a chance of it going in....but like I said ANY shot on net can go in. Plus if you're being outshot means your being outplayed, meaning your giving up more scoring chances (typically).

This is what the Leafs did good in the previous few months.. Higher shot on net count, but scoring chances were low. As of late, well we all know what happened. This is why shots on net doesn't mean bunk if there isn't much of a chance for that puck to go in the net.

I'd also like to thank Chicago for the win lastnight!!!!!!

It's all up to your Leafs now. They've got help this far and have no choice but to win out. Honestly, I hope they do make it cause if not, most people around here will stop caring/watching and talking hockey. Gets lonely around here when it's only the Wings, Habs and Bruins that make it. ;)

Edited by Stoty

Yup, you're right if they want to be in the playoffs it will be up to them.. Boston was the big hurdle, now they've just gotta play hard smart hockey until the end. Where ever the dice fall when it's all said and done, who knows.

Year over year. Look at the play-off record. Look at the points. Look at where they are finishing in the standings. They moved to a softer conference (top to bottom) this year and still are brining up the rear. The only thing missing is the beeping sound.

Don't be a "hater" as Leafs nation would say. LOL. They're only the most consistent team in all of professional sports. And with young guys like Nyquist, Sheahan, Helm and Tatar (and Mantha in the minors) they'll only get better. Combine them with the talent they currently have (when healthy, lol)....they can do some serious damage. They matchup quite well with Pit so if they get them in the first round, there might be an uspet in the making. Especially if Zetts comes back and Howard stays hot.

Edited by Stoty

Excited for the game!!!! KF i still wish they're eliminate the divisions/conferences for playoffs. Go solely on a point system. That way all the best teams are in, and it would create new rivalries. I'd love to see match ups like Chicago vs LA in the first round, that would be awesome! To me it sucks when a team in the east with 82 points makes it, and a team from the west with 9o points is off golfing. (Numbers exaggerated but you get the point)

Edited by manitoubass2