Hockey thread 2013 2014 season

muskymatt

Wow, that was just an awful game by the Leafs. My wife is a Leafs fan and I'm a Habs fan. I actually felt sorry for her. My son is 22 yrs. old now. He was a Leafs fan from the age of three until he was 14 yrs of age. He gave up on the Leafs because at 14 yrs of age all he knew was that the Leafs always lost. Eight years later nothing has changed. Brutal.

oddly enough yes...but judging by the above picture good ship Leafnation is taking on water fast...listen lets be realistic here...the Leafs have been dodging bullets all year, in a lot of games this year they were badly out played,outshot and got extremely lucky to get a point/points. Was there not a stretch earlier in the season where they went 16 or 17 games with out a regulation win!!!

And don`t give me this crap about all the shots coming from way over there or way over here...the Leafs spend far too much time in there own end booting the puck around this puts far too much pressure on your poor goalies...the leafs are 30th in the league in shots allowed and only 25th in shot for and this disconnect is understandable hard to get shots when your running around in your own end!

Not to worry. I just bought a lottery ticket, so I am mathematically able to still win the lottery. HAHAHAHA! Did I hear booooooo's last night? Wow some fans actually know some hockey!

The Laffs will airlift some new body next year and the hype will start all over again. Until the one dimensional players (no matter what their personal stats are) play both ways the Laffs will be forever mired in the Toronto curse regardless of all the yelling and cheering from their misguided fans.

So Toronto, the rest of the league has figured it out. The Laffs are ALWAYS short handed in their own end when your 'skill' players are on the ice. The Laffs 'skill' players only do their job between the blue line when they are racing to the opposition's net. They eve score once in a while and then coast back when the other team is pounding the Laffs goal tenders.

When the Laffs defense is left to carry the majority of the load while the skill players skate around in circles waiting for the puck for a break out, it is no wonder they look bad. DEFENSE IS A WHOLE TEAM EFFORT not just the job of the defense men. The Canadian Men's Olympic Hockey team made that painfully obvious and yet early in their campaign most of the Laff fans on this board criticized players like Crosby for lack of goal production and applauded Kessel (he's on fire) for his individual stats.

Bottom line, team defense wins. Laff fans should look at teams way ahead of the Laffs with a lot less scoring punch but with a total team commitment to defense. Not very exciting hockey but at the NHL level they win a lot of games and they can smother and frustrate opposing 'skill' players.

Good luck Laffs, I'll win the lottery before you win the cup.

muddler