Hockey thread 2013 2014 season

muskymatt

it aint over yet..Would everyone quit feeding that damn troll....

Yes it is over, admit it! That's the first step to recovery. :clapping:

"damn troll"???? That hurts my feelings! :whistling:

But the Sens just won and are 2 points behind the laffs with a game in hand, sooooo.....I feel a bit better!

Once the laffs totally blow the playoff run, and in spectacular form as always,and the Sens finish ahead of them, I will feel a lot better!

:good:

I don't get why anyone is shocked..... Leafs do this EVERY year.

Unbeatable the first 10ish games each year (so they're "cup contenders"), barely get through the middle 60 games and have a huge fail during the last 10ish games of the season.

Classic Laughs.

The only way they can make the playoffs is when its a shortened/modified season.

Gee.... big shocker!

Have to admit watching all the Leaf fans turn into "haters" is hilarious!!!

So who's fault is the latest collapse...........refs? Riemers? Princess Phaneuf? Sidney Kadri?

:rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

GO WINGS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

23rd season in a row... here we come!

(even without two of the league's elite players, so I dont wanna hear an "injury" excuses from Leafs Nation)

Edited by Stoty

When you look at what Patrick Roy has done this year with the Colorado Avalanche, you wonder what a different coach could do with the current Leafs roster. I think it's time to show Carlyle the door. The guy was a defence man and a decent one at that. How it is that he can't get the Leafs playing a tighter game defensively is beyond me. Bring on Doug Gilmour as head coach. This collapse definitely is worse than game 7 against the Bruins. I never expected them to make it that far. Two weeks or so ago, I thought the Leafs would easily make the cut.

Stoty,

I called this before the season even began. And I will fearlessly predict they go nowhere next year either.

What threw me off this year is the utter collapse at the end. Usually they're unbeatable in the last two weeks, ensuring they don't even get a decent draft pick.

Stoty,

I called this before the season even began. And I will fearlessly predict they go nowhere next year either.

What threw me off this year is the utter collapse at the end. Usually they're unbeatable in the last two weeks, ensuring they don't even get a decent draft pick.

Couldn't agree more!

It's their management/coaching that's the main issue. STUPID move after stupid move.

IMO the Leafs need the following:

- new management (all positions) that actually care about their fan-base and icing a winning team instead of lining their pockets.

- a #1 centerman to be able to play with Kessel/JVR

- #1 Dman cause most of the ones they have now are HORRIBLE.

- LOWER ticket prices to get the "suits" out and the "fans" in

- UNLOAD Phaneuf & Kadri, use their cash towards (useful) players.

I think the Leafs have a solid core, but are missing the few key pieces in order to make the playoffs on a consistent basis.

Take some notes from Detroit's management.... there's a reason they were both picked to run Team Canada.

Yes, there are some "questionable" guys playing in this curent leaf team and I think most fans know who they are...

But, I think that the biggest challenge they face is a complete lack of leadership both off and on the ice.

I'll take bets that Bolland is gone after this year and really, did we get anything out of him? I'm sure management had hoped he would fill that void, but obviously not.

Dion is not a leader... end of story.

It's gonna be a real challenge to get any free agents to come to the Leafs for obvious reasons. Trades are their only hope.

Randy is not the problem... IMHO.

I'm expecting the drought to last well into the 50 year mark.

HH

Yes, there are some "questionable" guys playing in this curent leaf team and I think most fans know who they are...

But, I think that the biggest challenge they face is a complete lack of leadership both off and on the ice.

I'll take bets that Bolland is gone after this year and really, did we get anything out of him? I'm sure management had hoped he would fill that void, but obviously not.

Dion is not a leader... end of story.

It's gonna be a real challenge to get any free agents to come to the Leafs for obvious reasons. Trades are their only hope.

Randy is not the problem... IMHO.

I'm expecting the drought to last well into the 50 year mark.

HH

Holy cow, that almost sounds like something I'd write about the Laffs.

Couldn't agree more!

It's their management/coaching that's the main issue. STUPID move after stupid move.

IMO the Leafs need the following:

- new management (all positions) that actually care about their fan-base and icing a winning team instead of lining their pockets.

- a #1 centerman to be able to play with Kessel/JVR

- #1 Dman cause most of the ones they have now are HORRIBLE.

- LOWER ticket prices to get the "suits" out and the "fans" in

- UNLOAD Phaneuf & Kadri, use their cash towards (useful) players.

I think the Leafs have a solid core, but are missing the few key pieces in order to make the playoffs on a consistent basis.

Take some notes from Detroit's management.... there's a reason they were both picked to run Team Canada.

I agree with all of the above, except Kadri and ill get to that... management has been a joke for as long as I have been alive..Its clearly all about the $$

Dion's no trade clause kicks in at the start of next season, so if he doesnt get traded before then were stuck with him. As For Naz, why get rid of him? he is a perfect 3rd line centre that can score 20 or more..I say keep him.. The Leafs have one buyout left, i say use it on Clarkson.

Lowered tickte prices would be nice but that wont ever happen..The suits will just buy up the rest of the seats, if it did..

We need the #1 center we have been looking for since Sundin left..

I would like to see Bolland signed to a contract extension for 3 to 5 more years..

The Leafs aren't out of this yet..All they have to do is win. As long as they have a chance I will remain hopeful..I only ask that they dont fall behind Ottawa cause Im not ready to read what Matt has to say..As of now its just babble as always..lol

Trade Kadri? He must have beat up Stoty as a kid for him to hate him so much :) No way you trade away young talent like that... the Leafs need leadership.. that's not coming from Phaneuf or Lups or anyone on the team currently (And no... not Clarkson either)... As for ticket prices? ehe, you'll never see ticket prices lowered if people are willing to buy them...

Unfortunately (if you're a leafs fan) or fortunately (if you cheer for any other team in the league) Clarkson is stuck on the leafs until at least the final year of his contract.

The biggest problem is "Number 3". He wears that number because he knows that he is at best a number 3 D man on any good team in the league. He is great when he plays 15-18 minutes a game. When he is asked to play more he makes mental errors which end up in the back of the net, his own net. Like a few have said, he is not a leader, nor is anyone else on the team. When this guy is your number 1 defenceman, you're in trouble. In Calgary he was never asked to carry the puck as often or play big minutes like in TO. And like Clarkson, you leaf fans are stuck with him for the next 7 long years. Some cap comparables just for giggles are guys like Doughty, Weber, Karlsson, Pietrangelo, Suter, Kieth, Chara. Phaneuf's agent should win an award.

Anyway, my 2 cents, not a leafs fan but don't hate them. Would have liked to see them make the playoffs to have another Canadian team in the mix but oh well, wouldn't want to screw up those tee times like they did last year.

Coach for some reason changed his team from hitting to skating.This year I still believe are offense is not toooooooo bad,but I still think we need a defensive change,and some won't like this but also a #1 goalie.Bernier would be a pretty good back up.Way to many shots(as previously said),and wayyyyyyyyyy to much time in our end trying to get the puck outside the blue line.Let's not forget we have the #1 player with points against us in the whole league,and I think were stuck with him. :wallbash: I love the Leafs,but can't even see them pulling out a win against Calgary.You bet I'll still be watching.

Bill, you've already used that Kadri line. It was funny the first time.

He's an arrogant, SALLY that stirs it up then runs away. Heck he even backed down from his mini-me in Gallagher. Lmao. Arrogant for no reason....he's completely unproven. He needs to go back to the AHL where he belongs.

Just to be clear on my Bolland statement... I would absolutely like to see him back, but as an UFA, why would he stay on this hornet's nest of a team? Management has had a history of not necessisarily making great decisions. I would think that he could land the same deal in a ton of other places and not have to deal with the circus that is Toronto. (And likely have a better chance at success as well!)

HH

Bill, you've already used that Kadri line. It was funny the first time.

He's an arrogant, SALLY that stirs it up then runs away. Heck he even backed down from his mini-me in Gallagher. Lmao. Arrogant for no reason....he's completely unproven. He needs to go back to the AHL where he belongs.

I disagree as well Stoty,he's a young guy that has spurts,I could name about 4-5 players that should go down before him lol.