Hockey thread 2013 2014 season

muskymatt

Yeah, it's crazy.. Apparently he's had a small hole in his heart this entire time..

a hole in the heart most commonly is a heart Murmur, I was told i had a small murmur as a child, which when explained to me later when i was able to understand was just that, of it being a hole in the heart. I guess it has closed since because i have never been told about it since. Regardless he recovers with no other issues, one of my favorite player to watch .

Go Leafs Go, I guess after tonight we will all be cheering for the same team after tonight for the next few weeks

I see the Sens are once again a no show tonight..On the positive side BFR who has registered only six points in the Senators' last 18 games finally scored a goal..Blow Sens Blow...

That useless sack of crap Cowan was a minus 4 and looked like he had never played the game before. To make things worse, no matter how bad he looked the coach kept putting him right back in.

What a joke!

:wallbash::wallbash::stretcher::angry:

a hole in the heart most commonly is a heart Murmur, I was told i had a small murmur as a child, which when explained to me later when i was able to understand was just that, of it being a hole in the heart. I guess it has closed since because i have never been told about it since. Regardless he recovers with no other issues, one of my favorite player to watch .

Go Leafs Go, I guess after tonight we will all be cheering for the same team after tonight for the next few weeks

Matt too???? :D .Go Canada Go!!!!!!!!

That useless sack of crap Cowan was a minus 4 and looked like he had never played the game before. To make things worse, no matter how bad he looked the coach kept putting him right back in.

What a joke!

:wallbash::wallbash::stretcher::angry:

Oh No!!!

I'm starting to sound like a laffs fan!!

Arghhhh!!!!!

:stretcher:

I thought it was a good game..Except for the 1st, that was slow n boring. Kessel and JVR are awesome together and combined with Bozak they are the #1 line in the league right now..I thought Raymond and Clarkson both played good games
Go Leafs Go!

Time to watch some Olympic hockey. Does team USA split up the pair of JVR and Kessel?
Go Canada Go!!!

At today's practice these were the forward lines:

Kunitz-Crosby-Carter

Sharp-Toews-Nash

Marleau-Getzlaf-Perry

Benn-Tavares-Bergeron

St. Louis/Duchene rotate.

Babcock was quoted saying of Carter: "If he passes it back to Sid, he can't play with him."

Edited by kickingfrog

Clearly I'm not a MD but that's not how these things usually work? :dunno:

Here's your explanation KF. ;)

http://www.thestar.com/life/2014/02/07/why_did_26yearold_pittsburgh_penguin_kris_letang_have_a_stroke.html

Everyone is born with a hole in their heart, which resembles a flap-like opening in the wall that divides the right and left atrium. It typically seals completely during infancy, but for about 25 per cent of people, that opening never completely closes.

Normally, blood enters the heart’s right side and gets pumped to the lungs, where little micro blood clots get filtered. The blood then returns to the heart’s left side and is pumped out to the body.

However, if there’s an opening in the wall, blood can flow from the right to the left side, meaning those bits of blood clots don’t get filtered by the lungs. Instead, they get pumped out into the arteries that take blood to the brain. If a clot cuts off normal blood flow to the brain it results in a stroke.

There's a lot more info in the article.

• 3 weeks later...