Hockey thread 2013 2014 season

muskymatt

Lemme see.

Defense is a 5 man effort. Anybody can play defense. My local ex-Bruin , Al Secord proved that. Don Cherry said , "the nose picker at the blue line" or as the Laffs fans call them , "skill players" don't check or do anything but skate around and wait for the other 4 players to get them the puck so that they can wow the fans with their scoring skills. And you wonder why the the Loafs get out shot, easy? They are short handed all the time in their own end with their skill players out there. Look at the Canadian Olympic team. super stars like Cosby played both ways. Yup we didn't have anyone win the scoring race but who got the gold? I have a ton of respect for Cosby now after what he did in Sochi. Lead by example not stats.

Watch just 81. loafing around the blue line hoping to stick check a pass to the defense so he can wow them all with skating and shooting. Watch that same player in the offensive zone when the opposing team gets the puck back as he lazily skates up the ice. "one dimensional" is a phrase used often to describe this. Light a fire under some of these Laffs players and have them back check and work with the defense and the shots on goal will equalize. The wins will increase.

"The little ball of H3LL" aka Brad Marchand is a typical grind it out player and he scores too. He'll win ya a bunch of games on sheer defensive effort. That's why I've been a Bruins fan for well over 55 years. If you don't play defensive hockey when the other team has the puck, the organization will get rid of you (PK) and sent you to Toronto.

Keep looking for a better d-man. As long as the skill players loaf around the blue line waiting for the other 4 teammates to get him the puck, the Laffs ain't going nowhere.

It won't matter who the Laffs get until everybody plays both ways.

muddler

We have matt's buddy here lol.bring it on,we'll see who makes it the furthest .We've only just begun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. :clapping:

The only for certain is the laffs will come crashing down faster and harder than that monumental and epic collapse against the Bruins and the fans will follow with a mass whine of universal proportions. Of course it will all be followed with a collective "always next year" !

:clapping:

The only for certain is the laffs will come crashing down faster and harder than that monumental and epic collapse against the Bruins and the fans will follow with a mass whine of universal proportions. Of course it will all be followed with a collective "always next year" !

Too funny sir!,no doubt in my mind we'll make the playoffs.We may say always next year if we don't win the cup. :P .That will never stop being said!

lol @ using Marchand as an example of anything (accept for words we aren't allowed to use here)

Haha I agree Bill. Honestly Marchand as an example? Will win you games? At least use Bergeron as an example of a player playing the game properly.

Haha I agree Bill. Honestly Marchand as an example? Will win you games? At least use Bergeron as an example of a player playing the game properly.

As much as I dislike the Bruins,Marchand's he does give a heads up watch out.!!!!!I would like that attitude to come here!!Hate him all you want,he is good at what he does!!

If I were you id be more worried bout the sens trying to dump your lowly captain.. Look at the bright side , with his lack lustre play and HUGE contract he wont be going anywhere...Tank nation in Ottawa..Its no wonder you enjoy bashing the better Leafs, you have to enjoy hockey one way or another I suppose...Blow Sens Blow!

Edited by tb4me

If I were you id be more worried bout the sens trying to dump your lowly captain.. Look at the bright side , with his lack lustre play and HUGE contract he wont be going anywhere...Tank nation in Ottawa..Its no wonder you enjoy bashing the better Leafs, you have to enjoy hockey one way or another I suppose...Blow Sens Blow!

I hope they trade spazza and his giveaways, he is dragging the team down.

The better laffs???? Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I enjoy bashing the laffs because they have given decades of sucking worthy of bashing. Heck even laff fans bash the laffs, just listen to the booing in the game now :clapping::clapping::rofl2::w00t:

Down 2 and what 2 maybe 3 shots on goal? :rofl2:

Getting booed at the ACC again I see eh? Priceless! :w00t: