Hockey thread 2013 2014 season

muskymatt

No, I'm bitter because a repeat offender took liberties with crushing a player, from behind, head first into the boards and none of my team had the nads to permanently remove him from the game. And yes, I hope Kadri gets his like the dirty player he is.....boo hoo ...big surprise!!!

Dude seriously..The initial point of contact was the shoulder..Even the NHL agrees..No supplimentary discipline from the NHL.. Why is it your such a sore looser..Sore winner too im sure but we will never find out as long as your a Sens fan..

Dude seriously..The initial point of contact was the shoulder..Even the NHL agrees..No supplimentary discipline from the NHL.. Why is it your such a sore looser..Sore winner too im sure but we will never find out as long as your a Sens fan..

Incidental or even accidental contact leading to injury or potential injury I can deal with. Hitting a player who is vulnerable and unprepared is cowardly.

I think the refs and the NHL got this one wrong, especially if they want to see this kind of hit out of the NHL. It has little to do with the outcome of the game, the Sens didn't match the intensity of the laffs and the scoreboard showed that. And that is why the laffs are ahead of us in the standings.

Having been a laff fan for the better part of 20 years and watched them suck so bad I can honestly say it's about time they had some success. I'm sure the long awaited fans who also went through the 48 years of sucking and no playoffs for 11 years are thrilled at the play of late. That doesn't mean I dislike them any less.

Laffs still suck IMO and if they do make the playoffs I hope its a sweep in the first round and they are gone so I can rub that in too.

Remember the collapse against the Bruins?

:clapping:

Epic

Matt, you get to sit with like 20,000 Leaf fans anytime you've got a home game against them! I hope they are nice enough to buy you beers, lol.

True Bill, I don't go to games with the laffs in town. I don't want to end up on the front page the next day lol

Don't start chirping to soon leafs fans. Have to agree there playing well lately.

Yes they are, not sure how they are doing it...their #1 goalie is 39th in the league in GAA, 25th worst team GAA, PK is

28th in the league, they are 25th in shots for and 30th in shots allowed per game :dunno: That Carlye must be one hell of a coach!!! :wallbash:

It is what it is!!!

So,how about those Broncos. Now thats a laff team for ya. Loved the look on Mannings face,when that ball sailed by over him .

The laffs as you call them,are getting in the groove.

Do you really think a kid can carry that team. COME ON. Spitz up aint your leader,like I have said before,Niel is the leader of that team. My gawd,he can put the puck in the net.LOL

Hell Domi did it once or twice too. HAHAHAHAHAHA

Edited by Misfish

Yes they are, not sure how they are doing it...their #1 goalie is 39th in the league in GAA, 25th worst team GAA, PK is

28th in the league, they are 25th in shots for and 30th in shots allowed per game :dunno: That Carlye must be one hell of a coach!!! :wallbash:

It is what it is!!!

where do you come up with these stats? or do you just have nothing better to do with your time? lol

also, 39th in league GAA? now take the starting goalies and place him with those and where does he sit, probably a lot lower than that, go one further and place him in a category with goalies who have started 40 games or more and have faced in the 1300 shot range

Edited by leaf4

Hitting a player who is vulnerable and unprepared is cowardly.

Ceci: "I just kind of showed my back a bit hoping he'd slow up and ended up face first in the boards and then they scored right on the play"

By his own admission he saw the hit coming, so he was not unprepared. He also admitted to deliberately turning his back to Kadri; so if he was vulnerable it was due to his own decision to turn his back to a player about to check him.

Our corner bashing go get it Clarkson is back tonight..I for one missed his dirty work in the dirty areas..

Yeah,he doesn't get the numbers,but agreed,he likes to rough it up for sure!He can only help going forward.He needs to.

Edited by davey buoy

Shoot,

that means our ace in the hole (or in this case the press box) is no longer.

our record is so much better without him than with him its hard to try and give him any credit.

clarkson had better turn it around - and fast - or he might be seeing waivers sooner than later.

Edited by aplumma
stop mock cussing

Shoot,

that means our ace in the hole (or in this case the press box) is no longer.

our record is so much better without him than with him its hard to try and give him any credit.

clarkson had better turn it around - and fast - or he might be seeing waivers sooner than later.

Waivers...Yikes I think not..Id be willing to bet half the teams in the league would take him..

oh, he isn't hitting as much as Komarov was....and Komarov was much cheaper!

Komarov is still a leaf, he chooses to remain in Russia under a new contract there..So much for the agreement between the KHL and the NHL to stop that..Having said that I miss him too....Clarkson is a stud for Toronto, sure he doesn't score but would you want to go into a corner with him to battle for the puck? Most guys don't...lol