Hockey thread 2013 2014 season

muskymatt

That's one ref who won't be busy come playoff time.

Puck over glass is non-discretionary, but the goalie freezing the puck with a player right there is the type that puts a big red X next to a ref's name.

You should take off your rose colored glasses while watching the Leafs play. This is the second game in a row where you've made excuses as to why they should have won. They lost. Not happy here, but I'm not gonna blame anyone except the Leafs.

Well 1 win in just under 2 years aganst the leafs, they cant win them all..The calls in OT were a joke. I suppose the ref would rather Bernier ust sit there and let the rushing forward score..Must have been french officials

Well 1 win in just under 2 years aganst the leafs, they cant win them all..The calls in OT were a joke. I suppose the ref would rather Bernier ust sit there and let the rushing forward score..Must have been french officials

there's always an excuse! :tease:

Seriously....I thought your Ottawa buddy was mis-informed...you should really check your stats!!! :huh:

Your coaching staff should really tell Bernier to stay in the net and try and stop the puck he has a slightly better chance of stopping the puck when he is in the crease, as you well know as soon as he leaves the crease strange and bad things :oops: seem to happen!!!

Anyhoo like I said thanks for showing!!! :clapping:

You should take off your rose colored glasses while watching the Leafs play. This is the second game in a row where you've made excuses as to why they should have won. They lost. Not happy here, but I'm not gonna blame anyone except the Leafs.

You've misinterpreted my tone and can put the glasses elsewhere.

Just pointing out how unusual the 2 plays were.

Can someone reference the last time an NHL ref took that long to blow a whistle when a puck is under a goalie and not visible? BTW I am for the refs taking longer to blow the whistle on those types of plays but they never do.

Last time a goalie received a penalty for freezing the puck out of the crease? Refs "managing" the game will sometimes warn a goalie that they could get a penalty and maybe if it happens again in the game a penalty will be given but those are very rare and I've never seen it in overtime.

I'm sure in all the games you've watched you must have seen both calls numerous times.

Edited by kickingfrog

When it`s all said and done there are good calls and bad calls for both teams in every game, I think it was Markov that was hauled down in overtime I thought there should have been a call but there was not.

We can`t have goalies skating out to the face off dot and flopping on the puck now can we just like can`t have players putting their hand on the puck in the crease.

Anyhoo the Habs won the Leafs lost...deal with it!!! :clapping:

I am done with this I am off to Grenada for a week to warm up, you guys play nice while I am gone!!! :thumbsup_anim:

Twitter tells me the Leafs are making a huge push for Ryan Kessler!

I sure hope not, the cost would be prohibitive.

If they did aquire him where would he play? Not on the first line, Kessler is a shooter not a playmaker. Then what might happen with Kadri? The only way aquiring Kessler makes sense is if Kadri is part of the package and I'd hate to see that.

We need defense, not more offense.

I sure hope not, the cost would be prohibitive.

If they did aquire him where would he play? Not on the first line, Kessler is a shooter not a playmaker. Then what might happen with Kadri? The only way aquiring Kessler makes sense is if Kadri is part of the package and I'd hate to see that.

We need defense, not more offense.

Agreed,that's been are main problem all along