stunned into silence.

limeyangler

Hi all,

Had a great few hours out on scout Bay (lac Seul).

At one point though a camp boat...i am tempted to name the camp but that probably aint fair....comes right up and sits right in our swim between my buddy's and our boat, he starts to drift towards our marker bouy and is just about to go over it when i shout over that he needs to back off because he is about to run over it. He looks over the side of our boat, and looks at his buddy who shouts out...."its ok, we dont have any lines in", and continues to float right over our marker bouy..dragging at least another 15' of line off it before it disappeared under his boat and popped up on the other side.

I was stunned into silence......

Edited by limeyangler

Too bad for the OP. When I am on the water I expect and try to keep any encounters with other boaters and fisherman friendly and cordial. I am not looking for a new best friend but share a hello/howdy do and move along.

I feel like and probably sound like and old man when I say this but this didn't seem to happen so much years ago - and I am only 40! I used to see lots of etiquette and common sense demonstrated while fishing or golfing. It seems lately to be in the downward trend. Everybody is in everybody elses way.

"Must be fish there... two boats on a spot... lets go fish there toooo"!

Like the winter we had 5 portables set up on a spot on Lake Temagami and a truck came along the lake (with 3000 OTHER miles of shoreline to chose from) and pulled up right beside Terry's hut, opened his truck box and dropped a one man clam down onto the ice. Didn't even say hello!

It's understandable Simon. After all, lac Seul is such a small lake with limited fishing opportunities. ;) Unfortunately, this type of thing happens far to often even on these "large remote lakes". I've had a similar experience to yours, twice so far this year. Makes a guy go :dunno: .

Edited by Old Man

That's crazy Limey. I was out on big sawbill this weekend(a very small lake known for big crappie) and my partner and I found a deadhead that was producing big time. We pulled a half limit each in about an hour and ran into shore for a quick bite to eat. As soon as we hit shore 4 boats quickly sat up shop on the same spot(which is fine, we did leave). But I had to laugh, we were only a few hundred yards away so I was watching through the binoculars to see if they were catching like we were. 4 boats, surrounding one deadhead, and they had a marker buoy out???? Like what the hell? Your ten feet from the stump that's clearly visible????

Yep happened to me fishing a small Muskoka lake in July. Dozens of bays to fish but we were doing OK on the smallies and two guys in bass boat parked less than 30' away.. I kept saying sorry as I bounced my bait off their hull a few times...they moved... :whistling:

Similar things happening on Lake Erie!! Like theres not enough room for everyone out there lol? No respect for anyone out there. Guys trolling across others lines all the time. It's sad. I intentionally stay away from the group of boats crossing each other and am happy with what few fish I catch. Sorry to hear it man :(

Something similar happened to us on Georgian Bay this summer. 2 boats of us were drifting parallel to shore with a marker out that was marking the point/edge of a weedbed when a boat w moe, curly, and larry pulls in and gets right in between our boats while we're on our drift...AND ANCHORS!!! Now we don't own the water and if they would have "got in line" and started a similar drift, that would have been OK by me. But I have never experienced someone anchoring in the middle of a tight drift of 2 boats. They essentially anchored about 20 yds from our marker and ruined our drift....

these same jagaloons then picked up and were drifting within about 6 inches of our marker. We never said a word, despite their rudeness, because in the grand scheme of things, it's just not worth it. As karma would have it, I busted a nice smallie on a bladebait by accident (we were targeting walleye) right in front of their noses.

The best remedy I've found is to either ignore them or leave. The second you arrive at your next fishing hole all the steam comes right out of your ears....